Those who've drop it should give it another try and watch at least up to ep 5 to realize how good it actually is. Accel World is very serious on the plot and there's not one episode yet where it seems like a filler or a scene that seems unnecessary, episode per episode the storyline keeps moving forward. The characters at first seems like another cliche types but per episode they develop and shape into their own character... almost like how you get to know a character more and more in a book after every chapter and event. It's a good quality anime and IMHO needs to be recommended.

I would guess the only con is that this type of anime or the plot might not be someone's cup of tea, other than that it has good character development and constantly moving plot line and it gets better and better after every episode.

The year is 2046. Haruyuki Arita is a young boy who finds himself on the lowest social rungs of his school. Ashamed of his miserable life, Haruyuki can only cope by indulging in virtual games. But that all changes when Kuroyukihime, the most popular girl in school, introduces him to a mysterious program called Brain Burst and a virtual reality called the Accel World.

Taken from MAL: Accel World - MyAnimeList.net

I also agree that it's really good. All the cliffhangers in the first few eps kinda annoyed me, but that seems to have become a bit better now.

The year is 2046. Haruyuki Arita is a young boy who finds himself on the lowest social rungs of his school. Ashamed of his miserable life, Haruyuki can only cope by indulging in virtual games. But that all changes when Kuroyukihime, the most popular girl in school, introduces him to a mysterious program called Brain Burst and a virtual reality called the Accel World.

Taken from MAL: Accel World - MyAnimeList.net

I also agree that it's really good. All the cliffhangers in the first few eps kinda annoyed me, but that seems to have become a bit better now.

I'll check it out after I catch up with Kiss X Sis, sounds interesting enough to give it a go.

Lol, the cliffhanger at the end of every episode is killing me ;D

• 3 months later...

Finish accel world today.It was great.Watching it make me want to play RPG games.

Episode 22 was hot(best episode for me) bcoz i am a Chiyu x Haru fan.

The ending is good too.The only problem i have with accel world is the design of protagonist.(I hate short PIGGG)

It needs season 2.

It needs season 2.

I'm sure the next season will be announced soon. There was plenty of character foreshadowing at the end of the final episode, and the anime has only gone through a third of the ongoing light novels, which means plenty of material is left.