Seems like something's wrong for me. You know that bar on the top? It seems like I overloaded it since it looks like this.

SCHOOLDAYS HQ 2012-07-31 12-59-51-47.jpg

Another thing I found which looked weird was when near the end, Sekai had a flashback on how the Itou confessed to her and she didnt accept it and now she regrets it, but in the first place I don't remember seeing an event where Itou confessed to her...

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like something's wrong for me. You know that bar on the top? It seems like I overloaded it since it looks like this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5757[/ATTACH]

Another thing I found which looked weird was when near the end, Sekai had a flashback on how the Itou confessed to her and she didnt accept it and now she regrets it, but in the first place I don't remember seeing an event where Itou confessed to her...

Think it's normal for the line go over the bar, at least it was like that for me at some point.

I am still having problem saving and i didn fail my installation and I can still load my save file but cant save anymore other than the first time i play this game. do i need to manually copy and do the regedit thing?

Edited by Okaerin
if you download school days from this site then it's already translated to english without using any more english patch or crack....

than i can use the official (bugfix) patch without a new crack, right? oO

than i can use the official (bugfix) patch without a new crack, right? oO

i have never experience any error with SDHQ before so i cannot say for sure, but if you have any problems related with what the patch says you may want to download it and just install into your SDHQ patch directory

or if you wanna make sure just install the patch, i think it won't cause any DRM problems.....

And I can't tell if it's been reported, but JAST released a patch for SDHQ:

School Days HQ Version 1.01 Patch

It contains the following fixes:

- Modified game to use a single CPU by default. This may significantly improve stability.

- Opening movies now play in every episode after the first.

- Fixed bug where sound disappears until you delete config.dat.

- Fixed bug where skipping scenes skips choices.

- Patched bug where skipping traps you on a blank screen. If this bug would trigger, it will now return you to the script it left instead of sending you nowhere.

- Fixed various scripting and textual issues, including missing subtitles and rogue Japanese text.

To apply the patch, just install to your School Days install directory.

• 2 weeks later...

So...

I have this insane installation problem. I think I'm the only one with the error.

Capture.JPG

When I open the setup. It gives me the option to only uninstall the game. It's not even installed in the game.

I can't choose gamestart because I don't have the game installed.

Phanteon's Proble.JPG

Proof that nothing is in here.

Problem.JPG

Then I finally get the decision to install.

well shit.JPG

Then I select a folder and install. Nothing installs, instead I get the uninstall screen. (as shown in the second screencap.)

I tried to reinstall several times but then I gave up and cried.

Can someone help me out?

Hi, just wanted to post that I currently have the same issue. (well almost the same) I was able to download and install the game without any issues, however after clearing the game a few times, the game was freezing up so I decided to move the saved game files out and uninstall the game. When I attempted to reinstall I encountered the same issue Phanteon has. The loop is I uninstall the game (despite not having it installed at all) then after attempting to install (in multiple directories) each time after naming a location for installation the nothing happens. Upon opening the game up it gives you the option to uninstall or play the game again.

@Phanteon and Myste

Try uninstalling the game via Registry.

delete the registration data by running regedit and going to => HKEY_CURRENT_USER => Software => Overflow => SCHOOLDAYS HQ

Makes sense should have thought of that myself...Thanks for the reply appreciate it.

My game plays fine, except it's kinda laggy...my processor is amd 1.60ghz...is there any way to improve the video framerate with codecs?

To further explain how crappy my laptop is...I can't even play 480p vids in youtube...I'm unsure how high quality S.D. as a whole is.

I'll play the game anyways...but yeah...can't even play opening, nor credits without lag.

There's a problem that I have during the setup of disk 1 of School Days (after I mounted it on Virtual CloneDrive) where whenever it downloads 1134 MB of 11392 MB there is a message that pops up that says "failed to copy files; installation cancelled."

Here's two screenshots:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6148[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6149[/ATTACH]

When I tried installing it the first time, it worked perfectly, but since I am a beginner and didn't know how to mount disk 2, I stopped the installation. Now every time that I try again this occurs. I've tried everything that I could think of, including re-torrenting it, but nothing has worked. Does anyone know what's wrong?

There's a problem that I have during the setup of disk 1 of School Days (after I mounted it on Virtual CloneDrive) where whenever it downloads 1134 MB of 11392 MB there is a message that pops up that says "failed to copy files; installation cancelled."

Here's two screenshots:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6148[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6149[/ATTACH]

When I tried installing it the first time, it worked perfectly, but since I am a beginner and didn't know how to mount disk 2, I stopped the installation. Now every time that I try again this occurs. I've tried everything that I could think of, including re-torrenting it, but nothing has worked. Does anyone know what's wrong?

I can't see the pics you attached, but is it giving you a certain file that is not copying? If so is it something that can be fixed by following this:

Movie02.gpk and Movie03.gpk installation error - Some people reported that their installation gets stuck when installing these files. This is a workaround - you need to mount Disc 1 and 2 (with Daemon Tools) and find a folder called "packs", copy (and overwrite them if needed) what's inside that folder to - C:\Overflow\SchoolDays HQ\packs (that's the default installation path, it will be located somewhere else if you choose to install the game in some other location). After that you need to add some stings to the registry (because the game creates them at the end of the installation, which didn't complete for you), otherwise you will get an error "Script version doesn’t match". Info and instructions how to add those can be found

Look to the first page of this thread to find the link for the registry.

Thanks for that, I tried the installation again, and it worked up to a point, but then it froze. I read Smileynator's post on the issue (which seems to be where the problem is), but I can't view the screenshot. I'm just curious if...

Company/Overflow

Program/SCHOOLDAYS HQ

Script/1.00

Version/1.00

are supposed to be the 4 string values, and if so, what does the...

Format:[Name here/Data here]

mean?