Sword Art Online

Okay take Dot Hack plus World of Warcraft plus Hardcore Mode on Diablo 2, and you would get pretty close to SAO.

I personally like this because this one of my many life goals. To get stuck mind and body inside a MMORPG, provided I can raise the dead to fight as my servants (Necromancer for the freaking win!!!!!!!!).

This is the anime to watch this season I'd say. It is way better that the others I know about that are airing this season, including Dog Days' which is the one I was waiting for.

Edit: Also Summer Wars, thats the one i was really thinking of instead of WoW

Edited by warrof
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dat Kajiura

dat A-1 Pictures

That's pretty much what I knew about SAO going in. It was going to be damn pretty, in both visuals and audio. And it is. Kajiura's channeling some kind of Celtic pop thing that's surprisingly distinct from her recent stuff. The battle music is kinda overly reminiscent of Fate/Zero, though, and there's some wonkiness in how it's actually used. It's still definitely got the visual prettiness going for it, though.

As for the overall show... eh, I'm giving it the 3-episode test, at least. The concept is kinda silly, but whatever. My biggest problem with it is that you basically need to either have read the light novels or be watching with somebody who has to not be confused at some things.

It's probably not going to be really memorable, but it's well-animated and has pretty decent storyboarding, it's pretty fun to watch. Time will tell on the story.

Yes i only recently got up to date that this anime was out... looks pretty good so far ... although kinda predictable already :p (stereotypical characters). I'm diggin the whole "trapped into a virtual reality world", i find the underlaying background story much more interesting then that of the primary characters as of now.

Btw when is epi 3 releasing?

watched the first episode ,very interesting ,but decided to put the rest coming all on hold.

I wanted to finish the light novels first to see the difference.

That said , i loved the opening song , LiSA 's songs had alwayls been great.

Watched all the current episodes that are out, absolutely loving the show. Love the way Kirito acts in regards to partying up with other people. Honestly looking forward to this series and I plan to watch it all the way to the very end.

The new episode made me shed a single man tear, this shits so good ^-^

damn ep 3 was a tearjerker

Well, not really. The only part that was a bit touching...

...would be when he was listening to that message. Other than that, he practically met her at the beginning of the episode. I don't think their bond was THAT strong to hit you that much.

Ye it was kinda sad, i thought from the beginning that the girl would end up dead though. All part of Kirito growing process as "the hero".

I want to see Asuna back goddamit, kirito was being a fuckin gaylord when he broke up his party with her. I mean what kinda guy does that to a hot girl. (and that you know is real and not a fake avatar).

Damn kirito , what the hell where you thinking.

Ye it was kinda sad, i thought from the beginning that the girl would end up dead though. All part of Kirito growing process as "the hero".

I want to see Asuna back goddamit, kirito was being a fuckin gaylord when he broke up his party with her. I mean what kinda guy does that to a hot girl. (and that you know is real and not a fake avatar).

Damn kirito , what the hell where you thinking.

I think he mainly did it because he didn't want to feel responsible in any way for what happened to her, you saw what happened with Sachi when he joined the guild, he drowned himself in self loathing, constantly believing that it was his fault that she died. Thank God for the time delayed message otherwise we would have had to put up with a emo Kirito for the rest of the series. Also as Caelistas has rightly said this episode is a part of Kirito's character devolpment, in my opinion I believe it to be a vital part as it shows Kirito overcoming in a way the reality of Sword Art Online that he was unwilling to fully accept, Death in SAO= Death in the real world.

Episode 3 was... kinda bad honestly. The deaths are incredibly telegraphed, and frankly I didn't care about any of them. It might have been better as a two-episode thing with less blatant death flags, but this is pretty clearly a side story and I'm not sure if that would give it too much weight. I dunno if this could have been salvaged.

Also the girl saying she'd sing and then humming was incredibly silly.

Hopefully it goes back to episode 1/2 quality.

Lol nobody gave a 2 shoot about Sachi, it was more about his self loathing that made it sad, and yes the message was more touching then sachi mainly because it was like setting kirito free from his pain, etc.

The only thing i think they could do to screw-up this anime adaptation is mess up how they do the time jumps (a month passed inbetween ep 1 and 2). The music and animation are awesome, the story in the books is awesome so thats the only thing they could mess with.

If they do it wrong there will be no sense of continuity (like the way they did ep 2-3 time jump, did they even say how much time had passed in between ep 2 and 3?), if they do it right and stick mostly to the story they'll have a really good anime on their hands.

Loves this episode, I wonder if Sillica is her "little sister" for real and both don't know.

No. They all look like they do in the real world. That happened in episode 1. Plus his sister isn't a gamer.

Episode 4 had not-awful pacing for once, but ugggggh dammit why are there so many tentacles harassing a 12-year-old-girl

this is not something anime needs more of goddammit

No. They all look like they do in the real world. That happened in episode 1. Plus his sister isn't a gamer.

Episode 4 had not-awful pacing for once, but ugggggh dammit why are there so many tentacles harassing a 12-year-old-girl

*looks at the username*

I see...

*looks at the username*

I see...

lol.......acting innocent....

• 2 weeks later...