i understand there may not be many but please tell me and hopefully give me links to games that ARE mac compatible otherwise i already know the sang and dance, my father bought me a macbookpro because he is a huge mac fan and won't let me buy a windows computer T-T don't ask my why but at this point I'm beyond arguing. also i am over 18 and i live by myself just... computers are expensive and I'm saving to get an epic one but i still have a long way to go, as I'm in college (Full Sail University) and MOST of my money goes to boarding, food, utilities, and of course the tuition for the school. technically i own TWO! MacBook Pro's because Full Sail gave me one as well. (its part of your tuition when you start school, so its not like i can refuse) also I've never played any eroge's before... so please understand

i understand there may not be many but please tell me and hopefully give me links to games that ARE mac compatible otherwise i already know the sang and dance, my father bought me a macbookpro because he is a huge mac fan and won't let me buy a windows computer T-T don't ask my why but at this point I'm beyond arguing. also i am over 18 and i live by myself just... computers are expensive and I'm saving to get an epic one but i still have a long way to go, as I'm in college (Full Sail University) and MOST of my money goes to boarding, food, utilities, and of course the tuition for the school. technically i own TWO! MacBook Pro's because Full Sail gave me one as well. (its part of your tuition when you start school, so its not like i can refuse) also I've never played any eroge's before... so please understand

There aren't very many mac compatible games. Off the top of my head, Katawa Shoujo is mac compatible (and free).. if you look on their website, they have a ready to download version that will run with mac. My advice is to run boot camp and install windows....this will allow you to fully run windows on your macbook pro and still have your mac os. You can switch between windows and mac with a simple restart. All you need to do is download Windows 7 and possibly burn in onto a dvd (i forgot if you can use a .iso file, there are tutorials available online) You can have your mac fully run windows 7.

This

My advice is to run boot camp and install windows

This will be the easiest,quickest and less painless way unless you intend to fuck around with windows "emu's" (note the term :p) like wine or whatnot.

Except for katawa shoujo (which was "western"-made), there isn't a single VN/Eroge that i know of that runs on Mac OS X natively.

what is a boot camp driver? will it let me use the internet? right now i don't think i can find my copy of windows7 anyway, that the school gave me to use with bootcamp or whatever.all i did was follow the on screen prompts as they came. and that is all i know.

Next time you try boot camp, you should install the latest updates for boot camp. These can be found on the Apple website. For example, here. You should also put in the installation CD that came with your macbook pro. That will also install specific drivers.

EDIT: Just saw a flaw with my logic. Just use a good tutorial, even Apple has provided one on their website located here. Step 3 is pretty important and might be why you can't connect to the internet.

Edited by desi
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi! why not try running pc eroges using Wine? I know Wine won't run ALL the eroges out there, but it can run quite a few...! Besides, you get the satisfaction ( or frustration otherwise) of getting the game running...! No need to install full Windows OS on a VM or resource to the bootcamp way...found a site dedicated to running pc eroge on Mac OSX, it's called Mac Eroge :

Warning! Adult Content!

At this point site, looks quite empty, with only 1 tested game (Go! Go! Nippon!)...but hopefully the list will grow over time...

Edited by yamete888