VNs with good gameplay?

Hello all!

I'm new here... please check my intro @ the intro thread!

Anyway, I'm really interested in VNs with good gameplay (usually associated with battle/strategy, but not limited to). My favourite VN is Sengoku Rance.

I've also really liked Daiteitoku (the translated parts, at least). Daibanchou was okay.

Eien no Aselia was also pretty good, though still inferior to the above listed (in terms of gameplay) in my opinion.

Castle Fantasia Renewal 2 was a letdown to be honest... the generic gameplay soon became a drag rather than entertainment, offering no excitement whatsoever.

Utawarerumono and Kamidori Alchemy Meister are on my to-play list... hopefully they`ll be awesome.

I found Eiyuu Senki and the Sengoku Hime series on VNDB and loved the descriptions, except they`re not translated into English :(. If anyone knows about chinese patchs let me know!

But yeah, that`s about it for the ones I know. It`ll be fantastic if people know some cool games they can recommend to me.

I think there already exists a recommendation thread. You should've searched before you decided to make a new thread. Anyway I've already said what I could in the introduction thread, so check there.

EDIT: For example: https://erogegames.com/eroge-visual-novels/eroge-general-talk/347-recommendations-new-eroge-games-official/

Edited by PhiBrainChild

If you want a specific genre, you just need to put it in your post. And don't worry, no one will kill you for this. And it won't make much problems counting that this forum is still "new".

Anyway, this is getting off-topic, so let's not spam it any more. I hope someone will have a good recommendation for ya. :)

Utawarerumono is awesome, but for the story, the gameplay is kinda generic.

Kamidori is the extreme oposite, it's awesome for the gameplay, the stories are pretty generic and the main character fucks anything that has a hole in it lol.

Basically, if you really are just in for the gameplay, go for Kamidori first, it has really long uptime gameplay wich is pretty solid, but kinda weak story.,

On the other hand you have Utawarerumono, wich has an awesome story but not so good gameplay.

You can also try Tears to Tiara, wich is so so in both things.

Edited by Soren619
Utawarerumono is awesome, but for the story, the gameplay is kinda generic.

Kamidori is the extreme oposite, it's awesome for the gameplay, the stories are pretty generic and the main character fucks anything that has a hole in it lol.

Basically, if you really are just in for the gameplay, go for Kamidori first, it has really long uptime gameplay wich is pretty solid, but kinda weak story.,

On the other hand you have Utawarerumono, wich has an awesome story but not so good gameplay.

You can also try Tears to Tiara, wich is so so in both things.

Thanks!

If you know any of the games I listed which I've played, could you compare it to something we know in terms of gameplay, story, etc.?