Installing Kamidori Alchemy Meister (English) on Ubuntu [HELP]

Heya!

Today I downloaded Kamidori Alchemy Meister (the game packages, both patch packages, and the English patch package) from erogedownload.com to my Computer which runs on Ubuntu/Linux and I'm facing some problems here. I exported the first game package I downloaded to my desktop then mounted the mdf file to my computer's ISO Mounting Program. Everything seemed to be going well until I ran into this while trying to install the game,

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

I'm running the game via Wine (Info: WineHQ - Installing the latest Wine on Ubuntu) and I'm not exactly sure whats going on, I've never faced this problem when trying to install a game or play it so some help would be really be appreciated.

Thanks for reading and reply if you know how to fix this or have questions,

~heiwa ^-^v

-dubRAVE

Ok I have never seen that problem before and I'm not sure about your system. I never used Ubuntu/Linux.

One of the problems with games not installing is people forget to change the system to Japanese locale.But I'm going to assume you know about the basics of Visual Novels if you don't know about Japanese locale look it up.

You could try getting a already installed copy from someone here.I would upload mine but I have a download and upload limit so I would have to go some where to upload it

Sorry I can't recommend anything more solid.

Try the Tech Support thread.

Well, first of all you need to run the program with JP locale so it can properly install. I know the game works if you install the game on windows (it can be a virtual machine), and copy directly the folder to your linux system.

To run a wine program with japanese locale, run in terminal:

LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 wine game.exe

However, you must have this locale enabled in your system - Here's how to add locales in ubuntu https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Locale/

The specific locale you want to add is ja_JP.UTF-8.

Edited by ret

Ye you prolly need your applocale in japanese.

I used ubuntu aswell in the past , but it was such a hassle getting some vitally needed programs & games that i like (including VN's) to work.

There's only so many things that you can run with Wine succesfully (as you may probably know).

I've used redhat, fedora, kubuntu, ubuntu in the past and in any of those cases i removed the OS after some time just because it lacked the kind of software that i needed for work/ games and entertainment. If only popular software was more usable on linuxs destros.........

Yeah, having linux will pretty much mean hit-or-miss when it comes to games.

Then again, as a compatibility layer Wine can in rare cases improve performance. Locale is a lot easier to work with in wine, luckily - simply setting the variable before running the command will switch the whole locale, so you can run a program in JP locale while running another in US locale.

A virtual machine can come in handy - some games work perfect on it but not Wine, some viceversa, and a few work on both.

Valve is currently working on getting its flagship games ported, starting with L4D2. They achieved better performance in linux already, so the future might be a bit brighter.