Lets gather esoteric computer knowledge

Ok people if your like me you know a few random tricks to some computers.Let try an accumulate that knowledge here so that future generations can say "What the hell is a keyboard, is it that thing implanted in the back of my skull that play vids in my eye balls" or something like that.

I will start us off

1. My favorite the Konami Code or the Contra Code konami_code.png

The Konami Code, known in Japan as the Konami Command (コナミコマンド Konami Komando?), is a cheat code that appears in many Konami video games,[1] although the code also appears in some non-Konami games.[2] The code was first used in the 1986 release of Gradius for the Nintendo Entertainment System[3] but was popularized among North American players in the NES version of Contra, for which it was also dubbed both the "Contra Code" and "30 Lives Code". During the title screen before the game demo begins, the player could press the following sequence of buttons on the game controller to enable the cheat: (It also was used to hide easter eggs in some websites.Marvel had a Dead Pool hamster)

2. Change your computer folder images by

(1)Right clicking and going to properties

(2)Then go to customize and click change Icons

You can download more icons here proIcons.com (aka VistaIcons.com) - Free Windows 7 & Vista Style Icons, Free Icon Sets and Windows Vista Desktop Icons

Lets see what you got!

I think that that Konami Code was used for LoL as well, at the beginning of Season 2. Whenever the server was Unavailable, you type in the arrow keys, and it becomes Online.

Oh, well let's see:

#1 Good old Desktop Trick

1) Show the desktop on some computer

2) Press Print Screen button on the keyboard

3) Open the Paint

4) Paste the picture

5) Save it

6) Set it as a desktop background

7) Right click on desktop

8) Click Hide desktop icons

Result: You get fake desktop icons to troll some computer newbie.

Well, I just posted this as to make some legit purpose of my post.

Edited by PhiBrainChild
Result: You get fake desktop icons to troll some computer newbie.

That's an old and nasty trick. Actually, I used that fake desktop thingy when my sister wanted to use my computer. It needed some time but she finally asked me why she isn't able to open a folder. Ain't I an asshole?