"Never 7" Installation help/Problem solving

Game works fine for me too.

Just want to leave one thing I noticed here.

On the TLWiki page is says concerning the BGM download files, "To play music, extract one or both of the following files into your Never7 directory."

Well, I went ahead and extracted both and when I started the game I got a black screen.

You are only supposed to extract both folders into the directory, and then extract one from the other files, and not both.

I don't know if that's obvious to know, but at least I didn't :/

Game works fine for me too.

Just want to leave one thing I noticed here.

On the TLWiki page is says concerning the BGM download files, "To play music, extract one or both of the following files into your Never7 directory."

Well, I went ahead and extracted both and when I started the game I got a black screen.

You are only supposed to extract both folders into the directory, and then extract one from the other files, and not both.

I don't know if that's obvious to know, but at least I didn't :/

I downloaded the PC ogg files (didn't get PSP at all) and just copied everything from the rar to the game folder. Worked fine like that.

Just to note - dunno if everyone else is getting the "there is no cd error", but it doesn't matter. Also, picking Direct3D T&L HAL graphics mode in fullscreen was kinda messy for me (Windows switched to basic theme mode and other nonsense), picking Direct3D HAL worked just fine.

Edit: Think someone before wrote that mounting any disc (iso or whatever) fixes the "there is no cd..." error when the voice files are playing.

Edited by killerinsidee
I downloaded the PC ogg files (didn't get PSP at all) and just copied everything from the rar to the game folder. Worked fine like that.

Well, that's to be expected.

What I meant was, that when I downloaded both the original soundtrack, and the PSP soundtrack, the game didn't work, but when I deleted "psp-ost.track" which came along with the PSP soundtrack, it worked.

I have download Never 7 end of infinity and install it but when i shall start the game it whouldnt start up

Well, in what way does it not start up?

Nothing happens?

Or do you mean that it is asking you for a Soundtrack CD?

In case it is asking you for that, go to http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Never_7

and download one of the soundtracks and put it where you installed the game.

Then choose the "Never7_English_OGG.exe" to start the game.

I had a problem with the videos not playing, resulting in black screens during the game.

First to check if your computer can read the videos try playing them with windows media player.

If the videos don't play, download and install this codec.

During the install, select custom install and untick "Indio Video 5 Web Browser Plugin" at bottom of the list (very important step that took me hours to figure why the setup didn't complete).

You can try again the videos in wmp, but it should be fine now...

I had a problem with the videos not playing, resulting in black screens during the game.

First to check if your computer can read the videos try playing them with windows media player.

If the videos don't play, download and install this codec.

During the install, select custom install and untick "Indio Video 5 Web Browser Plugin" at bottom of the list (very important step that took me hours to figure why the setup didn't complete).

You can try again the videos in wmp, but it should be fine now...

Lolwut "Indio Video 5 web browser plugin"? Nope

Or you can just make sure you have K lite codec pack installed, like everyone else.....

Well I had cccp and the videos didn't play, so i took the codec the guys on tlwiki were advising... To read 15 years old video, need a 15 years old codec seemed correct to me.

I'm sure you know better than me, and maybe you know better than them..or not :

Video files may not play properly. Try playing them in Windows Media Player. If they do not work there, you may need to uninstall K-Lite or install this

Looks like K-lite is not recommended..

By the way it seems it's only a problem for win7 users.

Edited by Sokyra
Well I had cccp and the videos didn't play, so i took the codec the guys on tlwiki were advising... To read 15 years old video, need a 15 years old codec seemed correct to me.

I'm sure you know better than me, and maybe you know better than them..or not :

Looks like K-lite is not recommended..

By the way it seems it's only a problem for win7 users.

I have CCCP 2011-11-11 at default settings and videos work fine for me.

I have CCCP 2011-11-11 at default settings and videos work fine for me.

I just checked and i have the same version as you...(I have win seven family premium 64bit with Radeon HD6670)

Anyway, my problem is fixed and if anyone has the same, they can resolve it by following my instructions. If you don't have problems and want to discuss this, feel free, I'll just continue reading the vn...

Unfortunately when I attempted to extract the files from WinZip to a folder I received a message that there was an error and I needed authorization, even though I'm using an account with administrator access. It seemed to still work and I set up the game, but then the only thing that would play or react at all was the opening movie. Nothing, including the options, would work. Ultimately I used the task manager to get rid of it, but on both attempts the task manager was completely hidden by the black screen caused by the game. Additionally because everything was in Japanese I was never even able to see any options to open it as a window. Any advice would be great.

Unfortunately when I attempted to extract the files from WinZip to a folder I received a message that there was an error and I needed authorization, even though I'm using an account with administrator access. It seemed to still work and I set up the game, but then the only thing that would play or react at all was the opening movie. Nothing, including the options, would work. Ultimately I used the task manager to get rid of it, but on both attempts the task manager was completely hidden by the black screen caused by the game. Additionally because everything was in Japanese I was never even able to see any options to open it as a window. Any advice would be great.

Well, if you got an error during the extraction, then some file(s) is corrupted, while the rest of them are fine. When you try to run the game with some corrupted files, it may start up fine, but you may run into problems/errors later on (as you described). Try extracting with 7-Zip (it's a free program similar to Winrar, find it on google), if an error shows up again then download the game again since it is corrupted for sure.

One more thing, disable your anti-virus when you extract, it could be that your anti-virus sees some file as a false-positive (google it if you don't know what it is) and just blocks/removes the file.

Edited by killerinsidee

Here's the exact report with pertinent messages posted:

Extracting Never7

Error: Access is denied

C:\USERS\OWNER\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\wz1c28\Never7; administrative privileges may be required

Severe Error: File creation failed

That doesn't sound like it's anti-virus/corrupted file related

Here's the exact report with pertinent messages posted:

Extracting Never7

Error: Access is denied

C:\USERS\OWNER\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\wz1c28\Never7; administrative privileges may be required

Severe Error: File creation failed

That doesn't sound like it's anti-virus/corrupted file related

That's true, yeah. Did you try extracting with 7-Zip, did it make any difference?

Also, if you're not - don't use the Right click -> Extract Here with Winrar. Instead open the .rar and click on "Extract To" button and pick some place.

Edited by killerinsidee

With 7-zip I managed to extract the files to a folder, but I couldn't tell it 'Move', it gave me an error message. I had to select all of the files and use the mouse to drag them to the folder. Anyway currently at setup again. In Japanese. Here's the current screen if anyone recognizes it and can help me figure out which to click (please warn me if any personal information is visible in kanji).

7840526568_0a9e00dd50.jpg

That is basically a screen asking you to repair (top option) or uninstall (bottom option). Try uninstalling using the bottom option. Click the bottom option, and then click the left option at the bottom to continue. Do that until it uninstalls, and then try re-installing the VN from scratch.