Digitalization of equipment repair and maintenance management processes

Hello, colleagues! I have come across the issue of digitalization of equipment repair and maintenance management processes. At our production facility, a lot is still done manually - requests are recorded in a journal, distributed by phone or in a messenger. As a result, some tasks are lost, and an indecently large amount of time is spent on coordinating all actions. I think it's time to switch to more modern methods to make life easier for both myself and the team. Maybe someone has already implemented digital solutions for managing such processes? What really helps?

A couple of years ago, we also faced a problem when manual management of repair requests simply could not keep up with the growth in the number of equipment and facilities. It was important not only to speed up the process, but also to make it more transparent. As a result, we decided to go the way of full digitalization. We implemented a platform that helps automate all stages of work - from receiving a request to its execution. I would like to advise you to consider integration with the platform https://www.makini.io/integrations/service-channel. It automates the process of managing requests and monitors the status of equipment in real time. The platform allows technicians to immediately see where what broke down and access the history of previous repairs. This is very helpful in preventive maintenance, because sometimes the problem can be hidden in small things that have already been forgotten. Also, thanks to such a system, we were able to establish reporting: we see how much time is spent on each task, where our bottlenecks are in the work, and how they can be eliminated.

Hello everyone! Yes, digitalization definitely makes processes simpler and faster. We also implemented a similar system, and employees immediately felt how much easier it became to coordinate tasks. The main thing is that everyone in the team understands how to work with the new system, then efficiency will immediately increase.