This following guide will help you install English version of "If My Heart Had Wings". It was written for Windows 7 x64, but installation process is the same for other Windows-family systems. If you encounter any problems while trying to run the game, scroll to the bottom of this article for list of most common problems and solutions for how to fix them.
1. Download English version of "If My Heart Had Wings" and extract it.
2. When UnRAR'ing process finishes, navigate to newly-created directory and run "IfMyHeartHadWings.exe"
3. Depending on your system version and security settings you might receive following UAC prompt. Click "Yes".
4. Wait a while as installer initializes. This usually takes only a few seconds.
5. Installer welcome screen. Click "Next".
6. License agreement. You might read if if you're bored on sleepless night, otherwise just tick "I agree" and then "Next".
7. Now you're asked where you want to install the game into. By default it's placed inside "Program files (x86)" folder, which might cause problems on some system configurations with save files not saving, patches not working etc. Let's change it... Click "Browse".
8. In new window location you can pick different location. Choose something simple like "C:\If My Heart Had Wings" or "C:\Games\IMHHW", then click "OK".
9. We're back to screen from step 7, but the location changed. Click "Next".
10. Final screen, just click "Install".
11. Installation might take some time, as the game is quite big. Just wait until it's finished.
12. Done. Game is installed. Click "Finish".
If My Heart Had Wings - Errors
The program can't start because d3dx9_43.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
You need to install DirectX library. Download and install it from Microsoft's website.