(Help)Fullscreen error...

Hi everyone,I have a have a problem with the games ''Canvas 2'' and ''Mirai No Kimi To Subete No Uta Ni'', when I chose the Fullscreen option my whole screen goes in 800x600(I think...) and so the games remain the same size but the rest of my screen goes black and I have already upgraded my driver.Please answer if you feel like it.Thanks in advance.

What happens after I click on the 'fullscreen' button, basically my screen just went black and kinda refreshed with the game staying in 'window' size while there are black borders on my screen making up the rest of the so-called fullscreen...

I'm assuming you're using decently recent catalyst drivers. They have three different settings for full screen for software that uses less then your current desktop resolution for fullscreen mode:

1. Stretch: graphics card stretches resolution over your screen, ignoring source aspect ratio. In case of 4:3 aspect ratio games, and 16:9 screens, image becomes stretched. If you're using an LCD screen, you will also lose some accuracy unless your monitor's native resolution is divisible by game's full screen resolution (i.e. 800x600 game with be good on screen where native resolution is 1600x1200 - multiplier of 2, but blurry and stretched on 1280x768).

2. Preserve aspect ratio: Same as above, but aspect ratio is preserved. You'll see full screen, but on wide screen monitors when viewing 4:3 content, there will be black spaces on left and right sides, while on 4:3 monitor while viewing 16:9 content there will be black lines on top and bottom. Blurring problem is still present.

3. Preserve original resolution: mode that you most likely have on. In this mode, game places your full screen image at the center of the screen in its original resolution. So in case of 800x600 game on 1280x768 screen would occupy 800x600 pixels at center of the screen, and rest would be black.

The "boom" is most likely driver crash, which reset driver settings to 3. Rather strange though, usually catalyst drivers have VPU recover function enabled that will automatically reboot the driver with its current settings just fine. You may need to enable it though, perhaps it was disabled?

P.S. @ Manayagami: your problem is most likely related to old bug in nvidia drivers where they incorrectly identified PC monitor as a TV and output incorrect size, causing either overscan or underscan. It could be fixed by specifying that you're using a PC monitor for output in nvidia control panel.

This works... kinda... i have to manually shift from 800x600 every time I want it to be full screen.. and back to my defaults once Im done with the game.

Thanks anyway.

This was the only stuff I could find.

Source : [H-VN][English] Canvas 2 ~Akane Iro no Palette~