unable to start games setup

i recently got a new computer and now i am unable to start games setup. i will click on the icon. the screen flashes asking if i want to start the program and then after i click yes nothing happens, i have even tried waiting for a few minutes or doing it a lot of times and they never start. While it hasnt been a problem with games i have to mount a cd for a few have given me that problem lately. Is it possible my computer labled iso files as dir or something or do i have some bad files, has done it for a few games now.

recently download my girlfriend is the president, came in a few files and then unrared it. after doing that and going to its folder i clicked on the application file. My computer brought up the screen. Asking if i want to let an unknown user make changes, i click yes then nothing happens. No setup or anything. Same with otobuku. go to that file and click it and after asking permission nothing.

recently download my girlfriend is the president, came in a few files and then unrared it. after doing that and going to its folder i clicked on the application file. My computer brought up the screen. Asking if i want to let an unknown user make changes, i click yes then nothing happens. No setup or anything. Same with otobuku. go to that file and click it and after asking permission nothing.

First change your locale to Japanese, see if that changes anything. Yes, I know that My girlfriend is president is an English released game, but it needs that locale if I remember right.

I assumed you're using window 8. Some VN such as Osadai has trouble running in window 8. The problem has been discussed before. You can try this solution that Helve made. Hope it can solve your problem, venom.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf