Yukibana -Kira-

Well, I'd like to try out this VN, but I can't find it anywhere, although it's not really suprising, considering that:

Because it was out without the permission, some people downloaded it, but then Haeleth asked the creator and didn't get a permission, so he put the link down, as easy as that, iirc.

It'd be good, if someone could give me a download link for it, thanks in advance.

Aaaaand I couldn't find a working link for it either myself... Well, I did find one "version" of it on /rs/ 4chan, but it crashes early on: Kira -Snowdrop-.rar

Guess you could check it out at least, but it'll probably crash for you as well. onscripter-en.exe starts it.

Sorry. "[KiraSetup[Haeleth][AT2005].exe" is what we need, but there's no working direct download links for it and no seeders on the torrents for it. There's probably some other installers/packages with different names as well, but I haven't found any workings links for a proper *English PC* version of the VN in any case.

Well, when does it crashes for you? I've played for about half an hour and it works perfectly so far.

... Seriously? It actually works well for you? That's awesome then!

Errr, I just tested it again and it actually crashed at a slightly later point than usual. Not sure what that is all about. Usually it crashes after the "... snow?" line for me. Now it crashed 15 lines later or so. This is in the first minute or two of the VN.

Edit: And now I got a little bit further after about 5 tries! Got to the part with the dark haired girl opening the front door of the old residence.

Edited by Harlequin

I tested it again as well. When I first tried it, I just skipped through it with CTRL and it froze at the start and at the door scene Harle mentioned. This time I tried saving after ever 20 lines or so with skipping. I was able to finish the game, but it did freeze on a few black transition screens (with skipping). As long as you save often, an occasional freeze won't be much of a problem since the game is like 30mins long or something anyway. Do note that I didn't test it without skipping text, maybe that's the issue. I'll try reading though it normally and see if it will still freeze and crash.

I tested it again as well. When I first tried it, I just skipped through it with CTRL and it froze at the start and at the door scene Harle mentioned. This time I tried saving after ever 20 lines or so with skipping. I was able to finish the game, but it did freeze on a few black transition screens (with skipping). As long as you save often, an occasional freeze won't be much of a problem since the game is like 30mins long or something anyway. Do note that I didn't test it without skipping text, maybe that's the issue. I'll try reading though it normally and see if it will still freeze and crash.

Well, I get crashes while reading it normally at least.

Well, I get crashes while reading it normally at least.

Ok, I've finished the whole thing without skipping. The game froze twice for me, both at scene transitions (black fade, etc.). Basically, even with freezing, I could finish the game fine. Do remember to save often though and just load if it freezes.

Edited by killerinsidee
I just finished it, and it didn't crash for me. By the way, sometimes it was pretty hard for me to understand what Maiko says, I mean, she has a kansai accent.

Yep, and it's apparently a trend to translate the kansai dialect into Texan/southern dialect, which can be rather annoying to read as you said.

Ok, I've finished the whole thing without skipping. The game froze twice for me, both at scene transitions (black fade, etc.). Basically, even with freezing, I could finish the game fine. Do remember to save often though and just load if it freezes.

Well, saving often sounds like a good enough solution then I guess. Thankfully it's a really short VN!

I just finished it, and it didn't crash for me. By the way, sometimes it was pretty hard for me to understand what Maiko says, I mean, she has a kansai accent.

Happy to hear that you got what you wanted in the end.