Installing Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Hello :D

This is my first time installing a visual novel, so I'm a noob yet. I chose to install Umineko for my first experience with VNs. But I never imagined it was so complicated...

Okay, I downloaded all the 7 parts, the english patch and Daemon Tools. I changed my location to Japanese (I use a Windows 7 Pro). I extracted them on WinRar. I mouted the file in Daemon. But, when I clicked on "Execute laucher.exe", this appeared:

Untitled 1.png

I thought the problem was the parts I installed, but I installed them one more time (after erasing everything), but the game doesn't work. I did every thing I could.

What should I do now? Please help me!

Thanks a lot ;)

PS: I'm very sorry for my bad english, but I'm from Brazil (they teach the same thing on English subject EVERY YEAR. I learned a little more with my American friend)

Since I cant read Japanese I can only say to change your unicode or whatever to japanese / redownload all of the rars / try to install using Witch-Hunts patch after the game is mounted.

Also I would be honest and not recommend starting with Umineko but thats just my opinion.

I can't attest to why starting with Umineko would be a bad idea, I just want to say if you know about the Ps3 art + voices patch. It's out for episodes 1-4... you get voices + better art a change in art which a lot of people prefer. I'm not sure as to why your install isn't working correctly.. it looks like you are in Japanese locale and you are mounting correctly with Daemon Tools. If you can use torrents, I can give you a torrent with episodes 1-4 + voices + Ps3 Art.

Edited by desi
Thanks a lot! :D

Just curious, but... why don't you recommend to start with Umineko?

Well Higurashi should be read before it for starters next it is very long and very different from most novels. I would definitely say to start with something shorter or even Higurashi first. I have had bad experiences starting people off with Umineko aswell. I would recommend Fate/Stay Night as a good starter. Though it is long its different routes are MUCH MUCH shorter than Umineko as a whole and I believe it is a little easier to understand and read.

Okay, so with some help of some people that have a basic understanding of some Japanese, they told me that it means something along the lines of "don't run two at the same time". Are you clicking the launcher multiple times or something? After you mount the .iso file, the launcher comes up and you only clicked it once, right? Or are you doing it some other way?