Koiiro Chu! Lips - a denwatls translation

ジャッジャーン!Denwatls proudly presents: Koiiro Chu! Lips!!!

Haruka was your ordinary high school student, idly passing his days as he coasted through life. That is, until he comes home one day and discovers something; an event that will change his life forever....

Link to the patch/TL page

To patch, simply place patch.xp3 into the game folder (where all the other .xp3 files are located) and run the game! Kirikiri is such a nice engine for patches.

This partial patch includes complete translations for The Common, Karen, Mirai, Shizuku, and Nagisa paths (girls listed in TL's subjective order of 'goodness'), with a final patch that includes Misaki being released in the coming months.

Overall TL progress is 79.563% of ~ 27k lines (Can I do HTML tables on this forum?)

Edited by denwatls
And this is why the TL needs and Editor....

good day thanks for translating this visual novel i really want to download the partial patch but it seems i can't access your website for some reason can you give me some mirrors for the patch i will really appreciate it again thank you very much

No problem!

Well this is a surprise... suddenly boom 80% translated

Well, you know, aside from being good etiquette, one has to show they're capable of doing work before they're taken seriously. Also makes it a lot easier to ask for help/feedback if we have something to back it with. I'll be posting weekly progress updates on the blog (planned as a static page updated every Friday/Saturday for VNTS-kun), but the next project will work much the same way.

An interesting topic that we could use some feedback on:

There's a complete bad-end left in Nagisa's path that PeasSoft commented out for their release. It's fully voiced, written, and everything. From the comments in file (and all the sample pictures on their site that don't show up anywhere in the game) it appears that they were planning a much larger VN but had to cut it back, and they felt they didn't have enough decision points to warrant actually including the bad end. Having seen what it's based on, I'd agree it'd feel very arbitrary, and you'd also have to go a ways back to correct it. That said, it's still complete.

So, should we include it in the game, or leave it out like it was originally (It's not included in the current patch)?

No problem!

Well, you know, aside from being good etiquette, one has to show they're capable of doing work before they're taken seriously. Also makes it a lot easier to ask for help/feedback if we have something to back it with. I'll be posting weekly progress updates on the blog (planned as a static page updated every Friday/Saturday for VNTS-kun), but the next project will work much the same way.

An interesting topic that we could use some feedback on:

There's a complete bad-end left in Nagisa's path that PeasSoft commented out for their release. It's fully voiced, written, and everything. From the comments in file (and all the sample pictures on their site that don't show up anywhere in the game) it appears that they were planning a much larger VN but had to cut it back, and they felt they didn't have enough decision points to warrant actually including the bad end. Having seen what it's based on, I'd agree it'd feel very arbitrary, and you'd also have to go a ways back to correct it. That said, it's still complete.

So, should we include it in the game, or leave it out like it was originally (It's not included in the current patch)?

I think it would be nice to include it after all as its always nice to get the most "complete" release possible and possibly see how characters react to different circumstances.

That said I think it should be released after the patch with Misaki's route.

• 2 months later...

And today marks the completion of the Koiiro Chu! Lips translation!

This version includes several updates over the patch, such as skippable in OP/EP, reduced OP/EP volume (65%), and a complete TL for Misaki (Nagisa's bad end not included as in the original release).

Patch links found on the blog, with a mirror here, here, here, if the blog's inaccessible.

Quick update: a stray period found its way into one of Nagisa's MPC tags and broke her path, it's been corrected and the patch updated (with all links pointing to the new patch; so if you're interested in her route grab the new patch, otherwise it won't affect you.

Edited by denwatls