I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes. I finished downloading Saya no uta. It works almost perfectly except that I need to fix the language. their were instructions on how to do so in the game. I followed the complete. When I right click the game, and choose to "Locale Japanese" my computer asks me "Choose a program to open with" This is were I get lost and have no idea which program to use. I have other games, and they all work perfectly, so I never had to choose a program before. If anybody has the game, and knows what to do, help would be appreciated.

Guest AbjectAtoll

You have to use applocale, iirc. which you have to download.

or you can change your PC's language in the control panel. I'd suggest the former though.

Saya no Uta was kind of a pain in the ass to patch at the time because of this. A number of other fan translated VNs require this as well so don't be discouraged. Once you have it all figured out, you'll have many other games on the tip of your fingers.

If you change your system to Japanese locale all games will work - you won't have to worry about opening them with any programs. It does change things like \ becomes a yen symbol, but that's hardly important if you get to play eroge? :D

If it's a shared machine / not yours, applocale would work best, although I have never used applocale so I can't help you there.