Comments on Toushin Toshi 2

It's been quite a long time since i last posted on this forum (not that i was much active to begin with back then), still i'm glad both this place and erogedownload are still up and running. Not much activity around here though, but oh well.

Last few months i've been playing eroges again after a long break (been using my playtime for modding the game Stalker CS) and i just finished playing Toushin Toshi 2. So i wanted to leave some comments and observations as well as a question here for those who played it too or are planning to.

The game is really entertaining and fun, old graphics yes but very colorful and nice. Very stable, never got a freeze or a crash and there was only one bug i noticed in the entire game: a short time into playing the game, the rest of the save slots with the exception of slots 1 and 2, become all the same as save slot 3, so whatever you save on slots 5, 8 or whatever overwrite and become save slot 3, so after that you really only have 3 save slots: 1, 2 and 3.

The dungeon crawling is good; you get a large variety of enemies with different qualities and resistances, as well as a good arsenal of magic, skills and equipment to deal with them. Everything is done through combat menus, no real-time shit.

As for the plot, a get-stronger win-the-tournament game with quite a twist...

Here's a couple of things i learned the hard way while playing this game:

- Don't you fucking bother with too much xp grinding: you'll get trolled in the ending about it.

- You'll get sort of pseudo-netorare'd in this game (not that bad and not shoved in your face but still), you've been warned.

And here's some tips and information that i didn't find, or wasn't very clear, in the wikia guides (i used those guides to try and get 100% everything), for those who want to try the same completionist approach:

- The "Pitter-Patter" monster girl is the most annoying monster girl to capture in the entire game because she always either inmediately runs or does so after just 1 or 2 turns, and since she's so weak, the higher level you are or the higher critical percentage you have, the greater the chance that you'll one-hit-kill her, and you just don't get the chance to chip away her hp with mercy attack before she runs... so to capture her you must try several times (and get a little lucky too), use mercy attack 2 and exploding mushrooms and forget about using a normal s&m capture rope: use an S rope bought on floor 28th. OR, use the pheromone suit (if it can be tailored to pitter patter, don't know).

- In order to get the 3 stamps on the good hanny card (needed for the Haniwa Sword) and unlock the second shitty inventory for the hanny merchant on the 3F, you need to buy all the shitty super expensive items in the first stock. A necessity if you want to get all armors, swords and shields in the game and therefore get the extra fairie bonuses.

- The guides didn't mention that obtaining all rings and freeing the ring fairy = +20% critical chance

- The monster girl "Valyrie" on the last floor (67th) is worth some good xp but it is immune to magic and extremely evasive, so unless you have been pumping nothing but your accuracy at level ups, you are forced to use the Hit Knife weapon (that has a huge accuracy bonus).

- The sad girl that sells panshiron on 2F and later 6F and reduces your sin if you give her money disappears entirely afterwards (not sure if choosing to do the h-scene with her, or not, triggers this).

- On the 32nd floor there's 2 sections that can only be accessed by walking through a fake wall (as far as i know this is the only part of the entire game where this happens); one is a small room to the bottom left side of the map, the other is a larger section to the right edge of the map containing the last skill chests, the fake wall is behind the lone angel knight on the lower right corner of the map, near where Kurzweil is encountered.

- Chosing "New Woman" from Apros's rewards list as you descend to new floors will add Border's sister Rachel to the cycle of h-scenes that happen after angel rejection.

- It seems the weird item "Tentacle Vibrator" that can be found on the 30th floor (after defeating the four guardians and raising the entrance-to-hell building) is to be used on the maid Anna, the one in your room in the mansion. Never got a chance to do so, though, nor have any h-scenes with her either, so i can only guess that such options only unlock depending on how much sin the main character has.

- The envelope h-pictures for the various girls stuck in the dungeon (A to F) can and will appear in some previous floors that have already been fully explored after said floors are reloaded from re-entering the dungeon, so if you want to complete the sets you must re-enter previous floors (sometimes more than once) and check the minimap for new red dots that weren´t there before.

- What you get from absorbing the angels (besides the h-scenes and the sin increase of course):

Labelcase: inmmunity to fire.

Hasaera Rabi: 30 HP regen per combat turn.

Satomi: double your SP

Serabarla F: some SP regen per turn

Pachikar: can't quite remember...

As you can see, the rewards aren't that spectacular (except perhaps the doubled SP) so if you choose NOT to absorb the angels you won´t be crippling the character than much.

- Sin List:

*Selling monster girls: +1 sin

*Stealing the widow's sword instead of returning it: +5 sin

*Choosing vaginal sex with the girl Cleria: +1 sin

*Choosing anal sex with the girl Cleria: +2 sin

*Choosing to have sex with the escapee japanese princess Shizuku (which leads to her commiting suicide afterwards): +10 sin

*Randomly pushing Ashika off the cliff to her death: +50 sin

*I didn't get this one, but apparently you can harass a maid (i'm guessing Anna, the one in your room at the mansion) for some sin too.

*Absorbing an angel: +10 sin

- Sin-decreasing devices:

*Give money to Panshiron selling girl (amount doesn't matter): -1 sin

*Purchase (or use the ones randomly found) Indulgence cards from the hanny merchant on the 3F for 1000 gold: -2 sin

*Use the Fukuma Saint Cecilia services in the mansion after it becomes available for 2500 gold: -8 sin

- Boss Medals:

*4th floor going down through the wooden stairs from the first floor until the forth; giant squid boss (Blaony Octo). You can enter it's mouth after defeating it for some extra dungeon room with treasure and girl envelope pictures.

*30th floor guardian oni (Suzakuki)

*31st floor yellow oni (Kiratouki) guarding plum's ghosts

*31st floor giant octopus boss (Gogo) in the water

*32nd floor oni girl laser guardian (Hakuinkyouki) (fight it after getting the pass and being able to get close to it)

*According to the guides the last two come out of the Summon Gates at random (never could get them though)

Some extra things i realized after finishing the game:

- No need to capture the (highly random to get) monster girl "Rum" that comes out of the Bomb Rock to be able to see the char shop clerk special scene. Since the guides mention that you need to be level 121 to be sure to capture her without all the other conditions, and, that you needed to capture and sell all the monster girls in the game to get that scene with the char shop clerk, i crazily tried to reach that level but somewhere after level 100 i got the scene without having captured and sold that monster girl, so i realized that that one is not necessary.

- It seems the locked rooms on the second floor of the mansion can never be explored... anyone knows for sure if there is some condition required to be able to explore them?

- Unless for storage of captured, sold, and later bought, monster girls (such as the kaiju princess, so you can take her with you whenever you want to the dungeon) there´s no need to bother with purchasing the land and the house (much less fully furnishing it) as it seems to bear no consequences in the ending whatsoever (suspected as much but had my doubts because of that comment by the big sister that you needed to buy a land and build your own house if you wanted to be with the girl properly after winning the tournament).

And here's the kicker:

- Seems like all cg's and h-scenes get unlocked in the Alice Mansion section after beating the game regardless of whether or not you uncovered it during the course of the game. For instance, i didn't get to do any h-scenes with the maid Anna, and the scenes are there in the h-scenes section. Nor did i capture the monster girl "Rum" or found the Gunagan's pictures, but they are there anyway, uncovered in the cg's section.

About Apros:

**********SPOILERS*************

Heh, have yet to see a worse evil bitch villain in any game/vn/eroge

Now, about the ending:

**********SPOILERS*************

(can someone kindly remember me how is it that you put spoiler tags?)

The good end was, although "good", a bit unsatisfying: it was too short, especially after such a long game (well, made particularly longer too thanks to my absurd xp grinding). I would have liked to see the fate of the mansion maid girls (not the nameless ones you free from the prison before facing Dellas, but of Anna, Nozomi and the cook) as well as the fate of Francesca (Kurzweil's wife), even if just one line about it.

An additional h-scene or even just a longer romantic nice scene with the girl in the ending would have been better too, after all the brutality, rape, sexual slavery and h-scenes in the game and all those dramatic developments near the ending, that hug and dialog and white dress cg was too short a conclusion for me.

And that fucking troll about the character's level going back to 4, where it's even mentioned by Billnas the real level you managed to reach in the game so as to troll you harder (mine was 107)... oh well...

********END OF SPOILERS**********

A question or two: 1) is there any other ending in this game? and if so, which conditions are required?, 2) is there truly no way to explore the locked rooms on the second floor of the mansion?, 3) this game has the tag "branching plot" on vndb, but i never suspected any branching, which is why i ask if there is another ending or something? thanks.

The gardener is the murderer[/spoiler.] without the dot at the end

Shouldn't this be on the reviews subforum?.

Anyways, this sounds like a monster girl pokemon, which i totally approve.

Edited by Maoh
  • 3 years later...