Recommend me something good / real / authentic

Hey everybody,

just played some of the newly translated SakuSaku game and found myself very bored by it.

I’m getting annoyed by this same old vanilla routine, where from sec 1 it's obvious everyone is super into the main char and it’s just how the protagonists needs to realize who he wants to get with, where sexual tension only enters the picture when there has been a.) a drama beforehand and b.) a big confession of feelings with lots of tears. A kiss never just happens, it needs to follow the script. The drama is never really serious it’s always just some stupid misunderstanding. There is never a real obstacle just some text to drag out the inevitable.

Boy i long for something like “a drug that makes you dream” with a depressed / self-destructive protagonist, drug addicted, suicidal girls. Where the main char needs the girl as much as she needs him to overcome their problems and sex might just happen as a spur of the moment thing and might even be regretted. Where choosing one girl means being hated by the others or leaving them to a terrible fate.

Or “Koi Chocolate” where you have to break your childhood friends heart if you want to get with any of the other girls. Where the girls might be as burdened by this as you….

Not this same old child romance story…

So long story short: Any of you got something to recommend that's a little more real / authentic?

My personal recommendations if you are searching for this as well:

As stated:

"A Drug that makes you dream" "YUME MIRU KUSURI" (very real stories, yet not over the top with forced drama. Unplanned pregnancies, Drug use, Depression)

"Koi Chocolate" ( very specifically the route of the best friend of your childhood friend! Very real story about feeling guilty for stealing your friends first love)

"Noble Works" ( Did not really expect anything from this game, and it surely is not the best but the way certain characters become attracted to you and how sexuality comes into the picture actually felt quiet real and breaks with a lot of clishes )

"Steins Gate" + "Steins gate 0" (by far the best VN i ever played, however i guess you need to be into timetravel at least a little bit, also not really focused that much on romance. Story deals with the dream of being the only one remembering different timelines when you change the past, very real, very intense, very very well written)

Feel free to discuss your favorites or talk about this lack of authenticity in most games!

Regards,

Revoo

Edited by Revvo
Hey everybody,

just played some of the newly translated SakuSaku game and found myself very bored by it.

I’m getting annoyed by this same old vanilla routine, where from sec 1 it's obvious everyone is super into the main char and it’s just how the protagonists needs to realize who he wants to get with, where sexual tension only enters the picture when there has been a.) a drama beforehand and b.) a big confession of feelings with lots of tears. A kiss never just happens, it needs to follow the script. The drama is never really serious it’s always just some stupid misunderstanding. There is never a real obstacle just some text to drag out the inevitable.

Boy i long for something like “a drug that makes you dream” with a depressed / self-destructive protagonist, drug addicted, suicidal girls. Where the main char needs the girl as much as she needs him to overcome their problems and sex might just happen as a spur of the moment thing and might even be regretted. Where choosing one girl means being hated by the others or leaving them to a terrible fate.

Or “Koi Chocolate” where you have to break your childhood friends heart if you want to get with any of the other girls. Where the girls might be as burdened by this as you….

Not this same old child romance story…

So long story short: Any of you got something to recommend that's a little more real / authentic?

My personal recommendations if you are searching for this as well:

As stated:

"A Drug that makes you dream" "YUME MIRU KUSURI" (very real stories, yet not over the top with forced drama. Unplanned pregnancies, Drug use, Depression)

"Koi Chocolate" ( very specifically the route of the best friend of your childhood friend! Very real story about feeling guilty for stealing your friends first love)

"Noble Works" ( Did not really expect anything from this game, and it surely is not the best but the way certain characters become attracted to you and how sexuality comes into the picture actually felt quiet real and breaks with a lot of clishes )

"Steins Gate" + "Steins gate 0" (by far the best VN i ever played, however i guess you need to be into timetravel at least a little bit, also not really focused that much on romance. Story deals with the dream of being the only one remembering different timelines when you change the past, very real, very intense, very very well written)

Feel free to discuss your favorites or talk about this lack of authenticity in most games!

Regards,

Revoo

sounds like u need a bittersweet one... subihibi, school days, yume miru kusuri, fruits of grisaia should do the trick

what kind of game you looking for?

As said, something real and well written.

Not this usual highschool tiptoeing around your classmates with unnecessary drama to make you realize you truly love them so you can confess while she cries and asks "are you really ok with me?" (guess that already excludes almost 75% of all vns).

Something with a good story, authentic character interaction, believable romance, if drama than real and relatable drama, a protagonist that doesn't realize the advances of every female lead... or at least one these points.

Any game goes as long as it fulfills some of these points.

Thanks for the recommendations, will check them out.

Mhh a few of those ring a bell.

Ah yeah Sharin no Kuni is one i wanted to play but sadly i never got it to run, seems immune to applocal on my mashine, maybe i have to acctually change the language setting for this one..

Shiny days, from the team that made school days huh? I liked school days for what it was (in my eyes a very well done satire of what would happen if the indecisive hero and the harem scenario would be transported into the real world), not sure if i need to play similar game though... Is this one ... as.. mhh insane?

sounds like u need a bittersweet one... subihibi, school days, yume miru kusuri, fruits of grisaia should do the trick

school days was a lot more bitter than sweet though :p, but yeah i've read that.

What is Shbihibi? Can't find anything by that name.

yume miru kusuri was one of my examples for what i'm looking for, absolutely love that game!

Didn't really like Grisaia, main char never felt attached to any of the girls and thus the romance part felt rather forced.

Thanks for the recommendations, will check them out.

Mhh a few of those ring a bell.

Ah yeah Sharin no Kuni is one i wanted to play but sadly i never got it to run, seems immune to applocal on my mashine, maybe i have to acctually change the language setting for this one..

Shiny days, from the team that made school days huh? I liked school days for what it was (in my eyes a very well done satire of what would happen if the indecisive hero and the harem scenario would be transported into the real world), not sure if i need to play similar game though... Is this one ... as.. mhh insane?

Shiny Days is actually from Setsunas point of view so its a bit different then the usual stuff.

school days was a lot more bitter than sweet though :p, but yeah i've read that.

What is Shbihibi? Can't find anything by that name.

yume miru kusuri was one of my examples for what i'm looking for, absolutely love that game!

Didn't really like Grisaia, main char never felt attached to any of the girls and thus the romance part felt rather forced.

With Shbihibi he means SubaHibi.