Carrot Cafe! [BxG][GxG][Comedy, Romantic][R18, AO][VN]

Hello guys! I'm back and I would like to present to you my game that I told you guys about. Carrot Cafe! A fully animated VN/Dating Sim game that centers on the life of a young bachelor who's forced to work on an all-girls-maid cafe!

ks_project_image_fuwa_by_lires-dbradqk.png

Some screen shots.

sc01b_by_lires-dbr0aer.png

sc02b_by_lires-dbr0aff.png

Animation samples.

complete_a_by_lires-dbr3ki7.gif complete_c_by_lires-dbr3dun.gif complete_d_by_lires-dbr3pae.gif

Here's a DEMO as well. (Warning: NSFW): Carrot Cafe Demo by lires

Thunderclap page (if you'd like to help but couldn't financially): Thunderclap: Carrot Cafe! on Kickstarter

Kickstarter page: Carrot Cafe! | Visual Novel | Dating Sim by Soot Face —Kickstarter

If you'd rather support me monthly, here's my Patreon: lires / soot face game is creating Adult Games | Patreon

Okay, let me tell you my first impressions of this.

A fully animated part is something that I don't see so often from EVN developers so I will give you a + for that, because I can't name many VNs that bother with animations of any kind. The characters design, while definitively not amazing JP art style I am used to, is pretty good for an EVN developer (and trust me, I have seen many EVNs so far) ... Though if I may say so - I don't like Ruriko's design, Lola and Alice look the best from this cast. Also, I like how you left them with JP names, some EVN developers try hard to come up with something original.

Now, there's an obvious flaw here, and that's the setting and the plot I suppose you had as an idea for this VN. It isn't exactly original, because there are many VNs with cafe type of settings and maid outfits and so on. In fact, when I saw this, I immediately thought of of this VN (Lover Able). One cannot expect anything ground breaking, unless you really nail the comedy and romance dating type of writing. Which to be honest, I believe would be hard for an aspiring developer like you. From what I understood, you are an illustrator and this is your first attempt to write, right?

The animations look cute though :D That's a step in the right direction. Also, is the background art also done by you?

Edit: Okay, tried the demo. I immediately got reminded of those Adobe flash player-based H-game simulations I played back in like when I was a kid xD But still interesting, though, if I may say so, you should have perhaps invented the mouse moving for the H-scene, instead of just simple clicking :D I didn't expect it was this kind of H-game you were aiming for. But it's a cool idea, if you find a way to make it work properly. Also, you should check out writing from other H-games, to see how really good games do it, don't let your characters feel shallow and empty, best H-games attempt to give their cast souls. Unless you are purely interested in just simulations, in which case you should look at some of the popular games in that category then. You will also need knowledge of this if you are attempting to make H-RPGs one day. There's a reason as to why Monster Girl Quest Paradox is so popular nowadays and trust me, it's not just because of the monster girls fetish.

Edited by TakiMinase
Okay, let me tell you my first impressions of this.

A fully animated part is something that I don't see so often from EVN developers so I will give you a + for that, because I can't name many VNs that bother with animations of any kind. The characters design, while definitively not amazing JP art style I am used to, is pretty good for an EVN developer (and trust me, I have seen many EVNs so far) ... Though if I may say so - I don't like Ruriko's design, Lola and Alice look the best from this cast. Also, I like how you left them with JP names, some EVN developers try hard to come up with something original.

Now, there's an obvious flaw here, and that's the setting and the plot I suppose you had as an idea for this VN. It isn't exactly original, because there are many VNs with cafe type of settings and maid outfits and so on. In fact, when I saw this, I immediately thought of of this VN (Lover Able). One cannot expect anything ground breaking, unless you really nail the comedy and romance dating type of writing. Which to be honest, I believe would be hard for an aspiring developer like you. From what I understood, you are an illustrator and this is your first attempt to write, right?

The animations look cute though :D That's a step in the right direction. Also, is the background art also done by you?

Edit: Okay, tried the demo. I immediately got reminded of those Adobe flash player-based H-game simulations I played back in like when I was a kid xD But still interesting, though, if I may say so, you should have perhaps invented the mouse moving for the H-scene, instead of just simple clicking :D I didn't expect it was this kind of H-game you were aiming for. But it's a cool idea, if you find a way to make it work properly. Also, you should check out writing from other H-games, to see how really good games do it, don't let your characters feel shallow and empty, best H-games attempt to give their cast souls. Unless you are purely interested in just simulations, in which case you should look at some of the popular games in that category then. You will also need knowledge of this if you are attempting to make H-RPGs one day. There's a reason as to why Monster Girl Quest Paradox is so popular nowadays and trust me, it's not just because of the monster girls fetish.

Thank you very much for the detailed comment.

Yes, I'm still working on my writing and I do admit that it's not the best. ^^; Hopefully though, I can change all of that in the final version.

I created all of it. :)

I'll try to incorporate all the suggestions that you gave since I also agree with it. ^-^

Hmm here are my first Impressions.

Really Like that you took the time to animate the characters and give life to them in such a way, most VNs I've read haven't done that. So good for you on there, I don't know what to think of the designs but I am fine with them. The story and plot have been done before like Infernoplex said. If you want to draw me into the story and not make this just another fap material I would suggest a good writing developing the characters, I also like when there is side characters in there that help the story or in for a short time but leave a lasting impression and not just some random guy that I could do without. I enjoy stories of such nature, but that's me. After playing the demo you end with the talking of a brothel so if you are going to do such a thing and not make it just a simulator make sure to have good story in there along with the journey. The sex scene while intersting and animated bothered me with the clicking, and for some reason i had to click alot to move the scene along, also I suggest maybe putting sexy moans for those scenes to add more mood to it and draw you more into the scene. Overall I enjoy what you are going for but the story sounds and what I read need more work, great job on the animations.