Looking for ward to Kimi o Aogi Otome wa Hime ni

• 2 months later...

Since I seem to be cursed to cause release delays when ever I mention I'm interested in a given VN, I am NOT intertested in Kimi o Aogi Otome wa Hime ni, I do NOT care one way or the other if Ivan uploads it, and I'm NOT taking bets on whether or not it will be delayed again with some lame half arsed excuse about "intricate bugs" or if they can keep to their new release schedule.

nLkztNr.png

Whops, untranslated names lol.

8s15gbO.png

Wow, a whole line...

uz1BMHY.png

One more missed name...

zHEHdvF.png

Messed up options

nSjpGsz.png

And how the publisher staff reacts when someone called out their mistakes...

I8olhYs.png

Professional indeed...

From "My Fair Princess", enjoy :)

Edited by Zero Dilemma

(My following comments assume the game in question is a product made by professionals, not a fan translation that may or may not require hacking the program to apply the translation.)

There's no such thing as game without bug(s). What important is how fast can the publisher/developer fix the flaw(s).

I agree, but SOME types of bugs have zero excuse for making it into a finished product. For example, the untranslated lines. How hard is it for a beta tester, or even the developers, to speed read what is essentially an over glorified eBook just to verify all the lines are in the correct language, especially when the incorrect language uses a radically different alphabet that looks nothing like the intended alphabet?

I acknowledge FIXING the untranslated line may be complicated, as I don't have enough knowledge of programming to judge that, but it's DETECTION should have been so early in quality assurance process that if it was going to take a while to fix, they didn't need to wait to the last second to announce a delay of release.

(My following comments assume the game in question is a product made by professionals, not a fan translation that may or may not require hacking the program to apply the translation.)

I agree, but SOME types of bugs have zero excuse for making it into a finished product. For example, the untranslated lines. How hard is it for a beta tester, or even the developers, to speed read what is essentially an over glorified eBook just to verify all the lines are in the correct language, especially when the incorrect language uses a radically different alphabet that looks nothing like the intended alphabet?

I acknowledge FIXING the untranslated line may be complicated, as I don't have enough knowledge of programming to judge that, but it's DETECTION should have been so early in quality assurance process that if it was going to take a while to fix, they didn't need to wait to the last second to announce a delay of release.

True, but it seems to me that the publisher doesn't even have QC team to make sure that the VN was error-free before release. And I didn't defend them btw, since my last post seems to imply that I did, just want to state the fact that very rarely does any game got released bug-free.

That being said, they also bad when it comes to handling marketing and consumer service as reflected in the tweet bellow.

Twitter

Sigh sadly, I don't understand why Sol Press released My Fair Princess with a lot of bugs and errors, knowing many would notice bugs and errors. And end up stop play My Fair Princess.

They could released My Fair Princess when it's bugs and errors free.

I don't understand what Sol Press are thinking with.

I have download game and that was before I knew My Fair Princess had bugs and error, so I have delete game from my computer and thank you to r/visualnovels for mentioned bugs and errors