Eve Burst Error Unzip Error

I have downloaded all of the files on this site for Eve: Burst Error. Unfortunately when I attempt to extract them from the Winzip folder to a folder on my computer I get the following error message:

'Error: CRC mismatch in file "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Hentai\Eve\eve cd3\Eve3.DAT" in the archive "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Eve.part01.rar" '

'Irrecoverable error: CRC error detected'

Please note that this is not the only file that gives an error message when I attempt to extract them, simply the first error that appears before the extraction fails. Attempting to start installation by clicking on the files inside the Winzip folder also fail. My OS is Vista. Any advice that could be offered would be appreciated.

I suspected it might be a corrupted file when I noticed that part 01 was 80 megabytes smaller than the rest. To be sure I deleted each part, downloaded them again and tried eight times (once for each file downloaded). While I no longer get the following error message:

'Error: CRC mismatch in file "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Hentai\Eve\eve cd3\Eve3.DAT" in the archive "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Eve.part01.rar" '

'Irrecoverable error: CRC error detected'

I now receive this one:

'Irrecoverable error: Output creation order'

I have no idea what is causing this. Could you explain what you mean by letting Winrar repair it? Is this something Winzip cannot do?

I can't remember where that repair function is because I'm not using winrar since two years anymore, just google for it I guess.

You could also try to extract the whole game to your desktop btw, sometimes winrar doesn't accept another folder, because of reasons.

If that's not working then download this freeware : Download

I appear to be able to get it to work through either clicking on the application after it has been extracted to My Documents or by using WinRar* and clicking on the application. Unfortunately any save I make will instead start right at the beginning. I assume this isn't a regular feature.

Could you please share how you installed your version of the game? Did you extract it, click on something which installed it and then play the game?

*Repairing didn't seem to work.

Additionally the start of the male route is a bit strange. Is it supposed to start with a dream or flashback that doesn't work on mine? When I play it starts with the male lead falling out of his chair, and the situation is of the sort where you usually see a mysterious dream beforehand.

Edited by Garuda

First of all, I've the game installed but I didn't touch it at all. I'm obviously not the right person to answer your questions but I'll nevertheless try to help you.

Could you please share how you installed your version of the game? Did you extract it, click on something which installed it and then play the game?

I'm getting old you know? All I can say is that I've three folders (CD1, CD2, CD3) and each of them has its own exe file which I can start.

edit : All of them starts at the same point though.

Unfortunately any save I make will instead start right at the beginning. I assume this isn't a regular feature.

Same here, I just tried it out. Well it's probably something like a scene save where you'll always start from the beginning of each scene.

First of all, I've the game installed but I didn't touch it at all. I'm obviously not the right person to answer your questions but I'll nevertheless try to help you.

I'm getting old you know? All I can say is that I've three folders (CD1, CD2, CD3) and each of them has its own exe file which I can start.

edit : All of them starts at the same point though.

Same here, I just tried it out. Well it's probably something like a scene save where you'll always start from the beginning of each scene.

I think you're correct about the scenes, I appear to be able to start from the beginning of a scene but not partway through it. Personally that seems like a very poor way to design an adventure game, but allowances should be made for something from the 90s. There's not much that can be done about the rest so I'll just have to keep playing until the end of each scene. Thanks.