Majikoi S - Problems with getting the game to run

After wasting a combined 6 hours trying out different solutions i came across on some sites i'm throwing the towel on fixing this on my own.

My problem is this:

-Whenever i try to run the game, nothing happens, but it runs in the background (with 0% CPU usage)

Game worked fine when i had Win 7, so i thought this was just Win 10 being Win 10, so i looked up solutions, which included running a noDvDexe crack (which didn't work) and running the game through AlphaROMdiE (which also didn't work)

-The AlphaROMdiE solution just doesn't do anything, game still only runs in the background on 0% CPU

-the noDvDexe crack gives me an error message about "AlphaDiscLog.txt". tried (i think) 2 different versions of the crack, neither worked/both gave me the same error message

I reinstalled the game a billion times already and i'm getting really frustrated that nothing seems to work. Any tips on what else i could try?

System local is set to japanese, am using the Locale Emulator and i don't encounter any problems with actually installing the game.