What is the source of the "Babel" reference in the VN Riddle Joker?

There's a line in the VN Riddle Joker that, based on the context, I'm fairly certain is a reference to a movie or book or the like, but it's going over my head. I'm hoping somebody can tell me what it's referencing. The scene has one of the main characters just finishing up hacking a computer and covering their digital tracks when an alarm sounds. Fortunately for them, the alarm is not about them. Somebody else tripped an alarm on something unrelated to what they were doing at a different location. The character who was hacking the computer, who is an otaku, starts momentarily panicking in the moments before they realize that the alarm isn't for them and, in what I'm assuming is an otaku delusional state, says "I don't know why but the letters BABEL are on my screen!". That's the line I'm assuming is a reference to something else. Can anyone actually clue me in on what book/movie/etc. the reference comes from?