Help With Making a Patch Please?

Ok, I wasn't sure where I should put this, so please feel free to delete it and tell me if I put it in the wrong place or just move it for me. Basically, I'm totally new to hacking/programming, so I know this will take a long time, a lot of work, a lot of trial and error, and a lot of reading. I'm ok with this :3

I've been just translating this game and posting it in a blog and in my Let's Play thread, but I'd really like to make a patch that would take out the Japanese text and put in the English text that I am translating. I know the text exists as plain text somewhere in the game files because I use a text hooker to take out the text so that I can translate it.

The game is PersonA ~Opera za no Kaijin~, it's an otome-style visual novel. There are no minigames, there are just static images with text over them. There are only a few file types that could contain the text. The files in the game are .H5, which when uncompressed reveal only the pictures. Theres an Mpg, which is just the opening video. Then there are 2 types of files that I can't seem to crack - persona.sce and persona.gsdb

I opened the .sce file in Notepad++ and HxD and I'm pretty sure that it's compressed. In Notepad++ it's just all gibberish. In HxD, I tried to search for some of the phrases that appear in the game pretty often in hex form. Like how each letter in English has its own hex code, so does each Japanese character. So I found a chart telling me what each character was in hex and searched the files, but nothing was found.

I have screencaps of the folders which contain the files - someone on a different forum asked for them but then was unable to help.

http://i.imgur.com/bkrUt.png

http://i.imgur.com/AU0UO.png

I know this is a big undertaking, but it's something I'd really like to do. Are there any tutorials on how to do it, or people who wouldn't mind showing me the ropes?

If you need any more information or would like to help, please let me know!

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've never found ANY section of 4chan to be helpful lol.

Try to see if you can get in touch with one of the hackers or primary translators that host their project on tlwiki.org. Might be able to get in contact with them. Like Ryu said, this is mostly a place to discuss eroges and some tech support related to running eroges... most likely none of the active users will have the specific solution.

Try to see if you can get in touch with one of the hackers or primary translators that host their project on tlwiki.org. Might be able to get in contact with them. Like Ryu said, this is mostly a place to discuss eroges and some tech support related to running eroges... most likely none of the active users will have the specific solution.

Thanks for the suggestion, desi, I'll check them out. I had this forum suggested to me by someone, so I thought I'd give it at try, wasn't really sure what the main focus of the forum is ^-^;;;