Kamidori Alchemy Meister kami_ap01 help

first I mounted the game and installed it using the setup.exe then when that was done I took I then placed the kamia_ap01 into the 神採りアルケミーマイスター *changed it to english* file and tried using it and it gave me this message " error reading setup initialization file" I don't know what I did wrong... help ?

Download this document file. It has a bunch of screenshots and steps that I used and documented for installing this VN. It was based off of Windows 7 OS so if you have a different one there might be a few things that aren't simliar:

Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire

I am unsure on what gave the error, but maybe following the guide will help get around it.

Edit: Also, you aren't supposed to place the patch into the folder, you need to double-click the file and install it. Also, if you installed the VN into the normal program files directory it might run into problems installing patches. Change install directory.

Edited by strom
Download this document file. It has a bunch of screenshots and steps that I used and documented for installing this VN. It was based off of Windows 7 OS so if you have a different one there might be a few things that aren't simliar:

Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire

I am unsure on what gave the error, but maybe following the guide will help get around it.

Edit: Also, you aren't supposed to place the patch into the folder, you need to double-click the file and install it. Also, if you installed the VN into the normal program files directory it might run into problems installing patches. Change install directory.

sadly it gave me the same error. :I

Thanks for trying though :D

Edited by dude9797

Are you changing the installation folder to English when you install the VN? If you are try installing without changing the installation folder's name and retry the patch. You could also try re-downloading the patch in case it was corrupted.

Edit: And if none of that works, try installing through admin. Right click on the setup.exe for the VN and click 'Run as Administrator'. Also try running as admin for the patches.

Edited by strom

Yes I did. right now im just going to try copying everything the setup stuff intside the mounted disk thing.. what ever you call it :D. and paste it in a new folder and start up the ap01, it seems to of at least started when I did that...

If you change the installation folders name if might be causing problems with the patch on finding the name. The reason would be is the patcher is set to find a specific installation name. So changing the name to an English name might throw it off. Hope you get it to work, but that's all I can offer.

Edit: I just ran a full install of Kamidori to C:\Kamidori and all the patches installed just fine. I can't say what your problem might be other then a bad patch. Re-download and see if that works. If not I can't help anymore.

Edited by strom
  • 1 year later...

I got the same problem and know how to fix it:

I use Win7 Professional, this OS can't allow me to change my system locale, it stood only in Spanish (I'm mexican BTW :p) but for some unknown reason today the option of Administrative in Control Panel/Region and Keyboard config was open so I changed my system to japanese.

To try it I installed the game normally (double click, without Applocale) so it was totally ok... but when I tried to install the Patches got the same problem as you with that error message.

I even tried to run them with Applocale (in japanese config) and the same problem.

Changed my system to Spanish and had the same problem... the same error message until I downloaded the Patch again and problem solved.

The issue I think is that when you change your system locale some programs go crazy because of compatibility.

Hope that helps (Kinda late but maybe of help :p)