Automatic log out nuisance

Ok, so i start writing a post, take a few minutes at it only to realize when finished that i've been automatically logged out. It's not really a big deal since i can just copy the post, but having to log in again is a nuisance. Can this be set somewhere in the profile settings or something or is it an unavoidable 'feature'?

Thanks.

So i can log back in quicker? sure, but what about the auto-log out?

Well, that's what I was getting at. Try checking "remember me" and see if it still logs you out. If it still does, it probably has to do with something related to your browser or cookie settings related to your browser. If it does continue, clear your cookies and cache before trying to log in again.

Edited by desi
Well, that's what I was getting at. Try checking "remember me" and see if it still logs you out. If it still does, it probably has to do with something related to your browser or cookie settings related to your browser. If it does continue, clear your cookies and cache before trying to log in again.

I'll give it a try... (i have the browser set to private browsing and this is the only place that i get this auto log out).

I'll give it a try... (i have the browser set to private browsing and this is the only place that i get this auto log out).

Private browsing is the issue then. One forum session lasts 30 minutes, you'll be logged out after that time, unless you check "remember me" option - then browser creates a cookie that automatically extends the session, and you never get logged out.

If you're using provate browsing feature, browser will be unable to create that cookie and you'll get logged out every 30 minutes.