Some VN will not work on Window 8

According to this post ,some visual novels including "My girlfriend is the president" will not work in window 8 .

Your Visual Novels/Eroge Will Not Work On Windows 8! [Compatibility Guide] « Visual Novel Aer

Many VN still work so I don't think it is that serious .

I don't know the reliability of source.I just post it here because someone here also have problem working "My girlfriend is the president" .

Edited by phantasm

Duel Savior doesn't work too on Win8, and this just because of a problem with DirectX. Tried it on three PC's already, on each one I get a DirectDraw error.

Gakuen Shinsengumi, Prima Stella and the fandisc Pri Sara, Ama Ane, Canvas 2, Sexy Demon Transformation, Majikoi S!, Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo, Shera, My Witch, Tsujidou-san no Jun'ai Road and War of the Human Tanks are all games which worked fine for me on Win8 :)

The two Sono Hanabira with the english beta patch work too, but I didn't tried the others.

its simple: dont get windows 8 if that doesnt work i dont know...

I can't say that I didn't expect this one coming. :rolleyes:

Let me elaborate it a bit. The solution that I'm asking for is on how to make the VN works on Win8. Now look, I'm still using Win7 right now so this thing doesn't affect me, at all. But I was thinking that sooner or later, the tech support section will eventually have people asking on how to run their VNs on Win8. Telling them to revert back to Win7 doesn't help much.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf

and your answer was predictable as well ;) i know there are people that are going to run into this problem eventually i was just giving an opinion thats all. and i know it was a stupid one :p so they should listen to the people here who know more about this problem

and i'll stop posting here so that people with more know how on this can help them

Edited by udizzle
Telling them to revert back to Win7 doesn't help much.

I had no problem with that. You lose no data, therefore it should be no problem :) Ok, you have to spend some time to install all programs which doesn't work anymore. BUT if you want to delete the windows.old folder (the one with the syste data from Win8), you'll have some problems :D

Hello good sirs.

As of today, there are two ways of running VN's such as My GF is the president and few others which do NOT work on windows 8

(At least, not by default).

1st- the somewhat easy way (this method worked for me)

-download kernel32 mod dll, here's a link: kernel32.dll free download - DLL-files.com

-put the dll into your system's dll folder

-next, you need an install able version of my GF is the president (a DRM free version will not work)

-Install as normal but make sure to select "program files" as the installation directory (NOT program files x86)

-after installing, right click the game's exe and click on the compatibility tab

-run the VN under compatibility mode for winXP or later

-run as admin

-if you're running ati tray tools, kill process

-try running the exe

(if it doesn't work, there's another way, though not as simple)

2nd - the hard way

-download windows XP Iso file (pirate bay hosts a great selection for those)

-download Oracle virtual box (a virtual machine app)

-install virtual box

-create a virtual machine (it's pretty much self explanatory)

-make sure to inject at least 700mb of ram to your VM and at least 16mb of video memory (giving more than half your RAM and the app won't start)

-now remember the winXP iso you've just downloaded? well mount it with Daemon tools or similar

-load the virtual box

-the app will load and windows xp will begin installing INTO the virtual box

-after installation's finished get your DRM or Installation version of My GF is the president or whatever eroge you've had trouble with

and put them inside a USB flash drive, an HDD or something similar

-click on the devices tab on the virtual box top menu (while running winXP)

-select your USB drive and click on "capture" (your virtual machine will recognize the new drive as if you connected it to the virtual machine

-drag and drop your files to the Virtual machine desktop and proceed to install/execute as normal

-run the exe. It should work now

(this method is failproof, though it may be a hassle for many..)

Edited by Helvetica Standard
critical grammar error