Tamako Market

Episode 2 was even worse then the first one -

nothing much to say about this one, because nothing actually happened -.-. Some random stuff about Valentine's day and some shop decorations. Once again, there was absolutely nothing funny or even close to funny in this episode. Giving it one more episode before dropping.

Episode 3 -

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually liked this episode. It was a huge improvement over the atrocious episode 2. The main reason for this is Shiori, Tamako's shy and slightly tsun classmate. The bird's comedy bits worked really well with her and I had a few laughs with those parts. The visuals seem to have improved in this episode, or maybe I just didn't notice them in the previous episodes since I was busy being horrified by the gay bird. Speaking of the gay bird, there was some improvement in that aspect as well. It was way more funny seeing him get trolled by everyone, rather then the his usual "gay standup" comedy attempts, to me at least. Lastly, there was a decent piano BGM track (in the cafe). It was the first track I've actually noticed in this anime.

I won't be dropping it after all, though my concern is that it may go downhill after all, because it seems like the supporting character are better then the main ones. Shiori is a good example of this, she's not a part of the "main three" and I really doubt there's going to be an another episode fully centered on her, which is a shame since she's more likable then Tamako's silly friends. Next time the spotlight is on Anko.

• 2 months later...

Done with this one as well, giving it a 6/10. I really wanted to like this one, but I almost ended up dropping it after the atrocious episode 2. It started improving after episode 3 and got kinda decent in the last few episodes. Sadly it kinda failed to deliver in the end and I felt like not much got "done". You shouldn't expect crazy amounts of developments in this sort of anime, though. There are a really nice segment in the last episode that I really liked, too bad they didn't bother doing more of that instead of random "go around the stores" scenes. All in all, it's definitely the worst KyoAni anime I've watched so far.

Edited by killerinsidee