Ads thread (continuation)

Since the boss here said to make a new thread for this... I have a couple of questions regarding ads and stuff:

I again disabled ABP for both this forum and the ED site (i had activated it sometime ago because of some pop-ups i was getting here) but i'm not seeing any ads anywhere, not even when merely lurking unsigned (and i don't have anything else activated that could be blocking it like noscript or tracker disablers)... On ED i see some space for adverts and a tiny button box at the bottom but nothing else... ???

Also, could you (Admin) or someone else clarify a bit about how the ads thingy work? do you, for instance, get more for an individual ad if people actually click on it than just having it there? i'd be willing to risk the click each time i come here if that's the case (hoping it's clean stuff!!), that is, if i actually see the ads of course.

Also2, thanks for all the work on both sites, it's really apreciated, i can't really do much but if i can; grain of sand and all that.

EDIT: ok, i now got a pop-up ad here, still nothing on ED though.

Edited by IllyrioM
I again disabled ABP for both this forum and the ED site (i had activated it sometime ago because of some pop-ups i was getting here) but i'm not seeing any ads anywhere, not even when merely lurking unsigned (and i don't have anything else activated that could be blocking it like noscript or tracker disablers)... On ED i see some space for adverts and a tiny button box at the bottom but nothing else... ???

It's because of your country. Ad network couldn't find any advertiser that'd be interested in displaying an ad in Venezuela. If you see that small 32x32 icons at bottom right corner of ad-place then all is good - that means ads aren't blocked by any program, simply the network doesn't have anything to show you.

Also, could you (Admin) or someone else clarify a bit about how the ads thingy work? do you, for instance, get more for an individual ad if people actually click on it than just having it there? i'd be willing to risk the click each time i come here if that's the case (hoping it's clean stuff!!), that is, if i actually see the ads of course.

First of all, i work only with "clean" networks - you won't be getting any malware or shit by visiting my sites.

As for payments, it's kinda complicated, and each ad-unit on sites work differently - for some it's enough if you just see it, don't have to click it or anything, for others i get paid for people clicking, last but not least, for some, users need to actually sign-up for game or other product for me to get money. All 3 of those have advantages and disadvantages, that's why i'm mixing them up.

In grand scheme of things, it's best not to try to game the system - it might be okay for short-term if users click on that ads that i get paid on CPC basis, but if they only click while they aren't interested in the product then the adveristers are losing money. On the other hand, if only trully interested people click on those and they "convert" well for advertisers, i can negotiate increased rates for each click (one network on different site of mine increased my rates 4 times already. i'm getting over the double of orginal rate they were giving me).

Long story short - just ignore the ads and browse the site normally. If you find any ad that trully catches your attention, then sure - check it out, but don't go out of your way clicking banners just to "help" me - it doesn't work like that.