Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Crash

I was playing the game yesterday evening, reached the scene below and bamm, the game ended itself without giving me an error message. Since I'm a smart person (not really) I decided to not care about that problem and so I started the game again but it crashes every time at the same place. I'm using a pre-patched version of the game which also contains the PS2 sprites and voices.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/9886/errorlha.jpg

^Women with guns are scary...

I'm thankful for every answer.

Edited by OneManArmy

eeehm, you might want to spoilerbox that!!!! or at least change the thread's name with 'spoilers'....

anyway I personnally installed the game and patched it with the latest versions from the website.... never had a crash :( so I can't help you at first glance I fear... can you see what version of the patch you have? I played it with .99b myself and never had that happening!

EDIT: can you give me a link to this prepatched version you used?

Edited by radiantmadness

I'm also using the 0.99 version but it seems that the dude who created that pre-patched version did something wrong because I can't even see the save/load menu. And I've sadly no idea where I downloaded the game from but it was most likely hosted on megaupload anyway.

Oh and I put the picture into a spoiler, thanks for telling me.

good, haha.... but yeah OMA.... I fear I can only suggest you to download the game again (from here maybe) and English Question Arcs - Tweaking Umineko Wiki use these patches... only then I can 100% guarantee you it all works correctly!

And that's exactly what I want to avoid; downloading the game again this is. Well, in the worst case I'll just skip episode one but I'll miss a lot of important stuff (probably)...sigh...

And that's exactly what I want to avoid; downloading the game again this is. Well, in the worst case I'll just skip episode one but I'll miss a lot of important stuff (probably)...sigh...

actually I had to reinstall it on my laptop recently (cause I only had it on my old PC) took my like one hour, so it's survivable.... DON'T SKIP ANYTHING at least!!!!

EDIT: who knows what else is wrong with it too (you couldn't even save???)..... really suggest doing so

Oh shit. There's supposed to be a "0.99C[umiTweak][WH] Umineko English" folder inside the game folder right? Well, I don't have that folder. I'll try to install the patch again but I highly doubt that this will solve me problem because I don't have the original arc files anymore.

Oh shit. There's supposed to be a "0.99C[umiTweak][WH] Umineko English" folder inside the game folder right? Well, I don't have that folder. I'll try to install the patch again but I highly doubt that this will solve me problem because I don't have the original arc files anymore.

something is reaaaaaaaally wrong then..... you gotta have: original folder (umineko4) with translation (witch-hunt) and umitweak (.99c is the latest)

Woot!? \o/

I was somehow able to solve my problem. I installed the 4.4 english patch, started the game with its exe and that crash doesn't appear anymore. There are no voices or CGs (the PS2 sprites are still there though) anymore but what the heck, I'll play episode 1 with the 4.4 patch and episode 2 with the 0.99 tweaky one (I hope it won't crash in that episode).

Woot!? \o/

I was somehow able to solve my problem. I installed the 4.4 english patch, started the game with its exe and that crash doesn't appear anymore. There are no voices or CGs (the PS2 sprites are still there though) anymore but what the heck, I'll play episode 1 with the 4.4 patch and episode 2 with the 0.99 tweaky one (I hope it won't crash in that episode).

Glad you fixed it but just a heads up if you ever need to reinstall the game you game and then just unlock the next episode so when you go back to episode 1 so can use chapter select to pick up exactly where you were. (Or you can just copy you save folder and paste it). Hopefully it runs fine from now on, as it should for someone reading Umineko but you never know.

Edit-

DON'T SKIP ANYTHING at least!!!!
You never know what you might miss :) Edited by battlerrules
Woot!? \o/

happy you've fixed it and hope you'll be able to enjoy it this way