So I just finished 'Rewrite' and was quite surprised when I reached the final route to find every one of Tennouji Kotarou's lines voiced! I'd like to know what other people think of the idea and if a lot of other VN's do this, as this is the first time I've encountered this.

I, personally, really liked the MC having a voice and wish he did throughout the entire game.

Most visual novels don't have a voiced protagonist because you're supposed to imagine that you are the protagonist so that that the relationship with one of the heroines feels more real, or something along these lines. I personaly prefer a voiced protagonist as well.

^ Well, like I've said before, I don't really care whether a random protag in a random VNs is voiced or not. I'm indifference.

But since we're giving examples, let's take a look.

- Otoboku has voiced protag, but that doesn't stop the story from being dull. -.-

- Saya no Uta has great story and with Fuminori being voiced, it makes the story even more awesome. But this is because the VN relies heavily on its main characters mental state and action to move the story.

- Morita Kenichi from Sharin no Kuni doesn't have voice, but he's still considered as one of the badass protag ever.

It's all boiled down to the story. If the writer is good enough to expand the main character personality and depth, then the protag will be awesome. Voiced protag is just a bonus. At least it is to me. I won't deny that sometimes a VNs might require a voiced protag to help make the story more believable, though. I just don't care. :p

^ Well, like I've said before, I don't really care whether a random protag in a random VNs is voiced or not. I'm indifference.

But since we're giving examples, let's take a look.

- Otoboku has voiced protag, but that doesn't stop the story from being dull. -.-

- Saya no Uta has great story and with Fuminori being voiced, it makes the story even more awesome. But this is because the VN relies heavily on its main characters mental state and action to move the story.

- Morita Kenichi from Sharin no Kuni doesn't have voice, but he's still considered as one of the badass protag ever.

It's all boiled down to the story. If the writer is good enough to expand the main character personality and depth, then the protag will be awesome. Voiced protag is just a bonus. At least it is to me. I won't deny that sometimes a VNs might require a voiced protag to help make the story more believable, though. I just don't care. :p

O_O you win