maoyuu maou yuusha. Your thoughts?

I have just finished maoyuu maou yuusha recently. A 12 episode fantasy anime made by some of the same crew who brought you the godly anime spice and wolf. I was just wanting some others view on the anime to get an idea of how it might be received in general. Im hoping for a second season in the future, and since it just finished there isn't allot of talk as compared to things such as the new to loveru season.

My thoughts on it are pretty positive. I loved the anime dearly. It echoed spice and wolf in good ways, yet still retained this independence. At the beginning it did give me a little moe, and gives a small amount of fanservice at parts, but it has the meat, being the plot, really shining. Overthrowing ignorance, plague, corruption is a difficult hurdle in the time of this anime, it being relative to the middle ages, and very awesome to watch how things fall in place. The merchant guild in the anime really reminded me of spice and wolf, yet was not so in depth, due to teh fact that there are multiple perspectives and such. things moved along well, and i really got an idea of how a war might be fought economically as well. Lastly, it stirred my emotions high at points in the anime, i do cry allot, but it happened a good bit, not as crazy as clannad seasons 1+2, ahaha. Last episode made my stomach hurt from nervousness, lol.

Now, i was disappointed that there were only 12 episodes, i thought that it would go to 26. But of course, the unfortunate fate of some good anime is that their studios have to play safe dude to funding. And it needs more episodes to flesh out its good points, being well rounded in both trade, and medieval warfare. It gave a good look into it, but needs more time to shine, a diamond in the rough if you will. It is hard to combat against many harem anime nowadays with harem stuff being thrown out there all the time like they are made on assembly lines, so it may not do good with being received (this is just opinion, so if it may seem inaccurate or too speculatory, ignore this please). Or it may be left hanging like spice and wolf was unfortunately after another season. Lets hope for the best :D

I highly recommend this anime looking for something really entertaining. I can't wait till i see a season 2. So if anybody has watched it, can you tell me what you think? I appreciate yalls time in reading this. *Bows*

And here is one of the main characters, the "demon king" who teams up with the hero to make the world a better place.

6e9d17adc28dc9f15fcfec61aca1b94b.jpg

4cb68807ca5bf724c4a3f5b953780813.jpg

Liked the first season even though it was confusing to me at a few parts, hoping for a second season soon too (which i doubt will happen any time soon).

Felt that the anime as a whole was quite interesting , kept me waiting each week for a new episode.

I gave it a 6/10. Definitely not a bad anime and it had a quite nice concept initially, but they really botched it somewhere along the way. A lot of subplots where just tacked on, resolved really damn fast and they didn't even give any explanations for them. I had no problem with a "Spice & Wolf" type anime, but some may find it kinda dull, especially if economics and commerce bore you to death. They really missed a great chance to make a damn nice 2 cour anime. Making it into a really cramped 1 cour and going out with that end was not the best idea ever.

Sorry to burst your bubble, Evollove, but "tons of foreshadowing" usually doesn't guarantee a 2nd season, the BD sales do. Sadly, it's not looking all that good so far Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Mar 25th - 31st - Forums - MyAnimeList.net.

Edited by killerinsidee

Yeah, i was expecting it to have mediocre results, i mean, spice and wolf type anime are amazing, but most people are after stuff like To loveRu...Which is unfortunate. That was my thing though, 12 episodes with that much plot and stuff they were trying to squeeze in? It kinda hurt it, like putting a 8 inch into a loli. but chea. Im hoping for a season two, and expect one. But maybe it might pick up, then again, it might share the same fate as S&W... TT.TT