Galaxy angel english problem

For some reason I can't play it in english. I can open the game it just won't be in english and I don't know why.

I downloaded and installed all parts + patch + movie from this website. Then i installed the game completely fine. Next i installed the consolas font with no problems.

I don't know why it isn't working in english. need help D:

This may sound kind of stupid but I had the same problem once, after a while I`ve realized that there are 3 separate Galaxy Angel games and 3 separate patches. I was trying to apply the patch for 2nd game to the 1st one.

hmm...thats surely gonna messed up the game..

but if its a total difference case..

then i should actually get a screenshots of the files and exe

I already know there are 3 seperate games, and I downloaded neither eternal or moonlit lovers just the first galaxy angel game. These are the pics of my galaxy angel folder and the files in my DAT folder.

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

I have uninstalled and reinstalled plenty of times. I got the game to work fine each time but the game just won't be in english.

Well, im not an "eroge expert" but still i dint got any problems running this game, i'll tell you a few pointers so hopefully you'll figure out by yourself

First the most basic thing: make sure your pc has japanese language; not that applocale crap but the update that enables japanese locale for unicode stuff

Now install the base DVD game as usual, now test if it runs properly

Now install the 1.10 update thing

Now use the english patch, overwrite anything if necesary

Do it at that order or the files would get messed up

now try to run it again, it should work by now

If it doesnt works at all the game files are corrupted, if it works but in japanese you did something wrong with the english patch

good luck and welcome to the marvelous and exhausting world of the japanese translated vns

yea it isnt working, I installed the game, then i installed the 1.10 patch, put the english patch DAT folder files into the galaxy angel DAT folder where the game start is. (I have also tried using the DAT folder in my brocoli folder and still doesn't work). And my location and set my language for uni-code program have been in japanesse from the start. Still doesn't work in english but the game has no problem opening. Just wondering, but is there an english DAT folder for galaxy angel I can download somewhere? I keep reinstalling and doing the same thing over and over while trying to overwrite using either the DAT folder from brocoli or the DAT folder from english patch but neither of them work.

Edited by animegamer

Just look at it this way, when you use an english patch you're overwriting the japanese files with the english ones, if the game is running on japanese is because you din't overwrited the normal files on the game folder, i dont actually remember much about this specifical patch since i just patched-and-played a few months ago, but the usual way is to look at the files on the english patch, then look inside the game folder (C:/BROCCOLI or wherever you installed) and look for a group of files with the exact same name, overwrite it with the ones on the patch and run the game, if it runs on japanese again is because you're overwriting files on a wrong folder

If this keeps happening i suggest to right click the shortcut on the desktop, then browse on the files there untill you find the same file(s) on the patch and overwrite them, that should at least mess with the game so you couldn't play it at all

Once you find out how to do it the first time you'll be able to do it 100 times so dont get discouraged

Ninja'd from Seiha Translations:

Now that you have installed the game you are not ready to play it. Wait what? Yes, patches. Take your official 1.10 patch by Broccoli and throw it into your Galaxy Angel directory, then launch it. When it's done open up the English patch and extract the Galaxy Angel Folder contents into your Galaxy Angel directory (that is, Ga_starter and Iks2DGrp.dll into the main directory, and the Dat files into the Dat folder overwriting all files it needs to). Next open up the movies patch and toss them all into the dat folder, overwriting all files necessary. If you ever need to uninstall the game and want to play it again later then leave the 1.10 official Broccoli patch in the directory. Some files remain when you uninstall the game and it will be convenient rather than needing to download it again.

Now create a shortcut to GA_Starter.exe. With this you can either choose fullscreen or windowed, as well as choose a custom resolution.

You should now be able to play the game, that is unless I missed something.

I couldnt have explained it better, if you have the option the best would be to delete any and all files installed on the pc and start from only the DVD, update and patch

and btw GA moonlight lovers (the 2nd game) is fcking awesome, cant wait to play the 3rd part

if that worked I wouldn't be stuck now.

Here are my steps:

1. I download all the parts from this site and extract it into a newly made folder on my desktop.

2. I install it the same way provided on this video How to download and install the Galaxy Angel Games!! | Download in descr. - YouTube (which installs the brocoli folder in my programx86 folder in my c drive)

3. After the installation is done. I extract the GAv98 stuff into my galaxy angel directory (I clicked on the read me and went to the link provided on it to obtain V1.10 and installed that instead.)

4. Next I go to my brocoli folder and throw everything into my Galaxy angel directory while making sure the files overwrite. (Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

5. i extract the movie parts into the dat folder in my galaxy directory.

6. Next I click on GA_starter to open the game and I am able to choose windowed or full screen (although the options r in japanese)

7. the game opens and its still in japanese and not in english.

Sooooooooo...... I have no dam clue what the problem is. which is why i asked for help on the forums. I've already tried these instructions too many times and it never worked. The game runs fine but it just won't be in english.

Edited by animegamer

Ahahahaha *laughs in joy*

finally found the problem

http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o610/vincent-iktou159/Random_anime_Gif_2_by_Ghost999ART.gif

After installing the game you have to use GAUp110.exe first (dont touch the english thing yet), now run it (the update thing not the game)

AFTER you're done with that toss everything on the english patch (GAPatchv98.rar) on the game folder

that is, Ga_starter and Iks2DGrp.dll into the main directory, and the Dat files into the Dat folder overwriting all files it needs to

Now run it, it should run in english now.

Btw i can guess if right now you apply the english patch again to all the installation thing it should work as well, if not just start from zero

Ahahahaha *laughs in joy*

finally found the problem

http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o610/vincent-iktou159/Random_anime_Gif_2_by_Ghost999ART.gif

After installing the game you have to use GAUp110.exe first (dont touch the english thing yet), now run it (the update thing not the game)

AFTER you're done with that toss everything on the english patch (GAPatchv98.rar) on the game folder

Now run it, it should run in english now.

Btw i can guess if right now you apply the english patch again to all the installation thing it should work as well, if not just start from zero

nvm let me try it to see if it works.

Edited by animegamer

Ok so, after extracting both the GApatchV98 and GAparts (all parts) into the same folder this is what i have Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

And this is what is in the dats folder so far Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

(I first extracted the parts then installed the game, next i extracted the GApatchv98 to the same folder on my desktop and installed GAup110.exe and thats everything I have so far.)

So my current dat folder is everything from GAv98 only. Next I open my brocoli folder and put the files in the dat folder into the dat file in my folder with the GA_starter copying and replacing everything. and this is how my dat folder in my galaxy angel folder now: Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting (all files in my dat file in my galaxy angel folder with the GA_starter.)

Next i extract the GAMovie parts 1 and 2 into the same dat folder. and overwriting everything.

I double click the GA_starter next and this comes up Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting where I can choose to play the game windowed.

the game opens and Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting still in japanese T_T

(my computer is set to location: japan and language for non-unicode programs is japanese)

Edited by animegamer

Alright i got a better view from there

Lets focus on this folder wich we'll call Folder 1

First you install the game as usual (ONLY the DVDs)

Now the game is installed copy ONLY GAUp110 from Folder 1 on the folder you installed the game (BROCCOLI/something, inside GalaxyAngel and outside Dat)

Now run GaUp110 and wait for it to finish whatever it does

Now go back to Folder 1 (this one) and copy Dat, GA, Ga_Starter and Iks2DGrp.dll, paste everything on the game folder (the one you just pasted GAUp110), it will ask to merge the Dat folder and overwrite some stuff, click yes to all and wait to finish

Do everything in that exact same order, dont copy GAUp110 and english patch at once, first GAUp and then the rest

Now run the game (dont bother with the rest of the stuff, just focus on the translation)

If this doesnt works im gonna shoot myself

my folder1 is where i installed the game, not broccoli. Folder 1 is where the game is located and where i start the game from. So i am confused. Folder 1 is the desktop folder where i extracted GApatchv98 (contains the GA_starter), GAup110 and all the parts of galaxy angel = Folder 1.

So from what you are saying, I should take GAup110 from folder 1 and place it into my broccoli folder? (this is my brocoli folder Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting) then run GAup110 while it is in my brocoli folder.

Then going back to folder 1, and copy DAT, GA, GA_Starter and Iks2DGrp.dll and put it in my brocoli folder? And the GApatchv98 is considered my english patch folder ( GApatchv98 is everything in folder 1 excluding the 4 cd disks)

oh my fking god that was stupid. This whole time ive been looking all over the internet and instructions have been telling me to put Brocoli DAT folder INTO the folder where i extracted everything in one place.

BUT doing it the opposite way makes it work! SOOOOO instead of putting the Brocoli DAT folder into my folder which contains everything i extracted to (folder 1), I had to bring the stuff from folder 1 into my brocoli folder.

Omg why is life so absurd -.-

Thank you so much for the help, I've been repeatedly looking for instructions and trying everything I found for the past week BUT no1 told me to do it the opposite way until now (which works).

Ugh life is such a bastard lol

When installing and patching games you gotta be organized and stuff, always put everything you've downloaded into one folder and make a clean install on another, you werent able to play it on english cause you have been running the game from folder 1 and patching things on a different one

Aaaaaaand...

Victory dance! dance with me!

And now you're able to play the game, dont look at Ranpha, shes mine >=O