Kantai Collection PV

(

)

Pretty epic and visually pleasing, no? Apparently all battle scenes will have that 3D look... 3D CG, or whatever you call it. I believe Arpeggio is similar in that regard.

So, based on the PV, it will not just be a bunch of moe comedy stuff. Probably a mixture of action and comedy, like Strike Witches (?).

And in the PV there is at least one abyssal bigshot character - Anchorage Princess. Glad they decided to include the abyssal fleet, and I hope there'll be a good story involved with them. HOPE.

kancolle-anime.jp

Characters known to appear so far: Fubuki (main character), Shimakaze, Kaga, Akagi, Kongou, Nagato, Yamato, Mutsuki, Yuudachi (not her badass form, but maybe she'll remodel at some point in the series)

http://i.imgur.com/01ke2vJ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Second PV:

[video=youtube;3u-WE85ExIU]

So if you combine this one with the first PV, it gives you a good idea of what the show will be like... Moe comedy slice of life with some action, pretty much. Well it has potential to be something good, but mostly so for people who really like Kancolle characters - no surprise there. Though I still don't know if there'll be a significant story with the abyssals or if it's just gonna be some "random" action.

Some of the kanmusus shown in this PV aren't on the anime website yet, but it's nice to know that they'll show up anyway (very minor roles at least). Example: Kagerou, Samidare and Asashio at 0:33. Mamiya at 0:36.

Edit: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-11-07/kantai-collection-kan-colle-anime-2nd-video-story-unveiled/.80775 The outline of the story: "is set in a world where humanity has lost control of the seas. The threat that has taken over the seas is the "deep sea fleet." The only ones who can counter this threat are Kan-musume (literally, warship girls), girls who possess the spirit of naval vessels from days gone by. The base for the fleet arrayed against the "deep sea fleet" is Chinjufu. There, many various Kan-musume have gathered to live together and work hard everyday in training and other matters. One day, a Kan-musume arrives at Chinjufu, She is a special class of destroyer. Her name is Fubuki. "I am Fubuki! Nice to meet you!" Fubuki's story — as well as the Kan-musume's story — begins now. "

Edited by Harlequin
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ugh, I have to play and watch this before I determine labels like "historically deconstructionist" are appropriate. Keep fighting the good fight IJN.

[spoiler=opinion] I take slight issue with a lot of the revisionism that involves attaching 'cute' girls to things like Axis powers or the IJN navy. Reading about the Sino-Japanese conflict and the eventual escalation into the Pacific theater ending with countless dead kind of takes the shit out of anime and games like this.

Edited by napoleon
gay