Altas (ITH) and Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi

what i wanted to know is how good is the Translation when you play Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi with the Translator Programm ? I wanted to try the VN but i can´t read Japanese so i read that i could use the Translator program but, it seems like that program does not work at all. I have try it with Dracu Riot (is the only Partial Patch i have) . the Atlas and ITH is also outdated so if they an "better" program that i can use ?

The Interactive Text Hooker 3.0 program is the best and most up-to-date text hooker tool by far and works with virtually every VN (I rarely find VNs still needing an h-code). Check to make sure you have the latest version.

ATLAS works in conjuction with the Translator Aggregator that pulls text hooked from ITH. This is currently the best set up that I know of for reading with "machine translation" or just reading a VN raw with translation tools.

That being said, if you're having issues, I recommend following a guide. There are a couple good ones here and here. They also have links to all the things you'll need to download, plus some links to good add-ons you can optionally use (like the names.txt to help replace names if your Agreggator is having trouble parsing the text with character names in it).

Look at the screenshots they have posted to see how "good" the ATLAS's and other's translations will be. A machine translation will always be off by some degree. The longer the text, the more off it will be (-You can manually highlight the text hooked in ITH to only look only at bits of the text at a time if the text is too long). Some languages are easy for machines to translate, but jap is heavy context based so some things can have several interpretations, making it difficult.

Knowing a bit about japanese grammar will always help as well. Also, certain VNs are harder to read than others. The one you're specifically asking about is pretty moege so it should not be too difficult.

• 4 weeks later...