Is there a way to commission games to be translated ?

If you pay enough money then you'll definitely find people who are willing to translate the game you want to see translated (and we all know it's Tayutama) but you never know how the translation will look like. And there's always the problem with the trust in each other because...

1. You pay for the translation before it started : The translators could run off with the money

2. You pay for the translation after it's finished : The translators may fear that you won't pay them at all

Another way (and at the moment quite popular) is to support current projects via kickstarter etc.

Edited by OneManArmy

Thats actually on my "if I win the lotto" plans - I'd buy licences for the more anticipated/never translated titles straight from the devs, and get MG/JAST/Maybe some new group to work on them for the sake of NA/UK distribution. Course, I would need to look into the legality further, but I know holding the licences is one of the biggest hurdles - and often what keeps MG mired in terrible VNs as they cost less in general, and thus lower risk. (mostly, though recent events are showing they may be doing better).