Out of curiousity

ef - a fairy tale of the two. Must-read for you if you haven't checked it out already.

Sharin no Kuni. It's not as focused on the romance as Ef, but it's certainly there and Sharin is a great VN in general. Same can be said for G-senjou no Maou.

Well... to be honest, most of the VNs have romance to SOME extent. But if you're looking for something that focuses on it, then you can't go wrong with Ef.

Keeping the most popular romance-oriented titles out, if you're searching for something orthodox then you probably want to check out Sharnoth, while if you don't mind something "different" -by the standards of this medium at least- then Forest, Kara no Shoujo and YU-NO have nice stuff there for you. Have to say that the latters aren't too focused on romance, but YU-NO even has more than a relationship worth talking about, for example (I'm putting it under spoiler to be safe but it's just the nature of one of those relationships I'm talking about, not something that really needs to be kept secret anyway if you ask me)

the "licking each other wounds" relationship going on between the MC and Mitsuki; it isn't love but there's this melancholic tinge that makes it really romantic imo

Also, while Forest is very peculiar, the main love story is more prosaic than what you would think and you could intepret it as being all about that. At least I did.

Can't talk about KnS without spoiling so I won't, but it's basically something in which the really good things are pretty subtle.

There's also Umineko that scores pretty well in the romance department.

oh no..everyone named those good ones....

dont forget Canvas2 for Tomoko, Mami and Eris

Clannad for Tomoyo and Kyou

HoshiMemo for Hisakaki Twins and true route

Ikikoi (not many might really like this one much) i go for tsumugu and onigase

Koihime just for karin

Majikoi (take it or leave it because its partial) all heroines that available are awesome...and Umeko sensei

also theres the ultimate dating sim True Love

and last but not least sengoku rance for Uesugi Kenshin and Isoroku Yamamoto

In your opinions, what visual novels had the best romance to them?

Saya no Uta and Dra†KoI. It's probably not a popular opinion. lolol I won't recommend it anyway. The first one is sort of morbid romance and the latter is more towards aesthetic, and I don't think it's what you are looking for.

And what ones would you recommend to someone with a serious craving for a good romance and having issues to finding a good one.

Shinigami no Kiss wa Wakare no Aji - Shizuku route

G-senjou no Maou - Usami Haru route

Ayakashibito - Tonya route

Rewrite - Lucia and Akane route

Period - Sawatari Aoi route

I can't recommend a whole VN for various reasons that I'm not in the mood of explaining, so I'll just list the route instead.

Edited by Gerard the Lone Wolf