I know this is quiet stupid question but how do you read japaness exactly i know that hiragna and katakna are not enough ( tired of using ITH and got time to learn new things :cool: ) so any tips ?

ps : i know how to read hiragna & katakna

Edited by Ledoo

As I am someone that can't read it myself, my opinion probably means less then nothing lol - BUT - if reading it is like listening to it (which I "do" understand - to a rough extent anyway), I find a key thing is to switch my brain off from english grammer amd structer, as the context of anything said is often simplified and reverse-structered in japanese.

EDIT: Sounds stupid, but basically I can't think in english when listening to another language, or else I start to complicate things - and I imagine it would be similar for reading.

Edited by Some guy

you got it wrong

I understand jap by listening as well and know a bit of grammar but it's not enough if i try to read a story for example there is no listening and as i saw there are other things you need to know other than katakna & hirgana like kanje

and there i ask is there any reference for learning that :)

It is kind of a stupid question. You need to learn the other half of the language. After that you should be able to read the text. This is a good reference that I've found - Japanese Master Guide Unlimited Alternative.

Edit: This is also ok - Denshi Jisho - Online Japanese dictionary (seldom used, though)

Edited by killerinsidee