Galaxy Angel- Moonlit Lovers Install Problem

Hello everyone! First off, let me say how awesome this site is.

Second, I’m having a problem getting Moonlit Lovers to work. I can install the game, Chitose add-on, and the English patch just fine. When I go to play the game, an error box (with the white x inside the red circle) pops up with Japanese text. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, as I installed the first GA and it runs just fine (I haven’t gotten to any fights yet though).

Please help, as I would love to play this when I finish GA.

You should post a screenshot of the error message.

Someone else on ErogeDownload said this:

I followed the instructions but i get an error in japanese. ¿How can I fix it?

I have discovered what the problem was…

I hadn´t installed my graphic video card drivers before… That fix it the problem.

But I doubt that's the same problem you're having... (?)

Well, here's what I did.

Skipped Step 1 since the locale is already set to Japanese.

Followed Steps 2 and 3.

After finishing the installation, put the English patch in the dat folder of the game. Overwrote files when asked.

Once I did that, I tried to start the game. When I did, I got this screen.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/rickyp2004/Other%20Pics/GalaxyAngelMLErrorScreenshot.png

I'm running Windows 7 Starter w/Service Pack 1 with the most recent updates. As you can see in the picture on my desktop, I have other VN's I also play. They work just fine on this, including GA. So I'm not sure why GA: ML won't work.

If you can help me fix this, I'd be grateful.

I'm running Windows 7 Starter w/Service Pack 1 with the most recent updates. As you can see in the picture on my desktop, I have other VN's I also play. They work just fine on this, including GA. So I'm not sure why GA: ML won't work.

If you can help me fix this, I'd be grateful.

Things to try:

1. Reinstall the game. If you've installed it to a non-default location, then try installing it to the default location instead.

2. Update your GPU driver. Like I mentioned above, someone did say that they got an error in Japanese, but managed to fix it by installing graphics card drivers. Going by only your screenshot, it doesn't really say much about what games you're capable of playing right now. Because none of those should require much as far as GPU (drivers) go. But maybe Moonlit Lovers is "advanced" enough that it does? Who knows.

Have you tried playing the third GA game, Eternal Lovers? You could check if that works or not. If it doesn't, then at least there's something in common between the two.

Really? Hmm. I know it's not insufficient memory because the computer should have enough. On that note, what is the min/max memory requirements for this VN?

Damaged files? From the install or something else you think?

I've reinstalled it a few times already, but not to the default location. I'll try that and see what happens.

I haven't tried Eternal Lovers yet since I want to play them in order. If nothing else works, I'll try it and see if it gives me an error too.

EDIT: You were right Harlequin. It turns out installing it to the default location was all it took to make it work. Thank you Harlequin and killerinsidee for your help and time!

Edited by CrimsonKnight
  • 5 years later...

I played Moonlit before and didn't have this error, so it might unfortunately be on your end.

I did have graphical issues with GA the first game, but none so bad it prevents me from running the game.

Make sure you run as admin and have locale in japanese at least. Check to see if you have directx of any version installed, might help.

If nothing works, at this point I think it might be better to try on another pc or laptop.