Hi ! Sorry for creating a new topic, I didn't find anywhere else.

So, I'm used to installing VN (bought or dl), even in japanese.

But for the first time, a game, Hoshizora e kakaru hashi, once launched, can't show me the text and put randomly roman letters, japanese and punctuation.

I would like to play it in japanese, but even after having been in japanese locale since the installation, and using netlea, the game can't show the text.

Screen.jpg

If someone can tell me what to do about it, please :)

Have a nice day

When I play VNs on Windows 10, I usually don't have any problems, but then again, I have only played a few. I have my computer still on English (U.S.) region and run AppLocale to run in Japanese Admin. I would suggest running the game in admin mode and see if that fixes it. I would also suggest that you post a picture of the files in your installation folder, so I can see if there is anything you need to do for the game to run properly.

I didn't even realize this game was in Japanese. I know you put it, but just didn't realize it, so thanks for that. I have the same files as you and mine works. I was trying to see if there was a setting for the font in the options, but since I can't read Japanese, I will say try going into the game and seeing if there is any font change. I downloaded mine off this site and it's completely fine. I started the game to see if I was having the same problem as you, but it plays normally. Granted, this game is running on Windows 7, so that may be the difference.

Oh! I think I may know what's going on. So I moved my music from my old laptop to my new one (Windows 7 to Windows 10). Some of the music I had were in Kanji and my computer couldn't read it. Maybe that is the problem. I don't think Windows 10 has the same software in it to read kanji, so maybe that's why your dialogue is corrupted. I would troubleshoot that in google: Windows 10 computer doesn't display kanji. I think that will fix the problem you have.

Thanks for your informations !

I haven't seen anything about that on google, I think yhe kanjis on your musics disappeared when the localisation was reestablished to english... may be I'm wrong but there is nothing about this kind of problem on google...

I'm gonna continue my research on that way, anyway.

Is the game worth downgrading to windows 7 ? Haha

Thanks for your informations !

I haven't seen anything about that on google, I think yhe kanjis on your musics disappeared when the localisation was reestablished to english... may be I'm wrong but there is nothing about this kind of problem on google...

I'm gonna continue my research on that way, anyway.

Is the game worth downgrading to windows 7 ? Haha

Personally I thinks its best to stay with Windows 7 if you plan to play new and old games and VNs. I will only switch to Windows 10 after 7 stops supporting new games.

Personally I thinks its best to stay with Windows 7 if you plan to play new and old games and VNs. I will only switch to Windows 10 after 7 stops supporting new games.

Yeah. I love Windows 10 and I haven't had any issues with it with my games, but I have had every game work on Windows 7. It might be more trouble for you, but I can't think of anything else to help you. I would suggest redownloading the game, but since it's 18 parts, I don't know if you would want to do it.

I was prepared to that, so I kept the winrar files. Thank you for your help. I will be glad if it happens to you to find a solution, that you come here to tell me ;) but I'm gonna think about it while searching a solution because it would be a pain to downgrade to windows 7.