Eiyuu Senki - technical and gameplay questions

Hi,

please know I am new to this kind of game - (J)rpg and stuff.

I installed and patched, no real problems :

Eiyuu Senki (Japanese PC game) from here Eiyuu*Senki | Eroge Download , then official update 1.05 (google to mediafire), then English patch 1.7 (hongfire, page 77 of thread).

I start the game with applocale + as admin - it runs fine, looks and feels very slick, very pretty and all. So far I played until Zipang is "unified".

As a game manual I used sections 1-3 of this one, however it may be kind of mixing the ps3/PC games? : https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/696378-eiyuu-senki-the-world-conquest/faqs/73395

However - some questions came up:

Not everything is voiced.

In the introduction part, everything was voiced, then from when I got to the world map, turn 1, choosing missions etc., it stopped being voiced. :(

Sound effects were there, test-hearing voices in voice configuration worked, short voice bits here or there worked (like "Yokai!" or such when assigning some character to a mission)

Then from "Declaring war on Kyoto" on, sometimes it was voiced again (like Yoshitsune and Benkei in Kyoto), sometimes not (mainly dialogues in Yamatai).

I have no idea if this is just so (a result from mixing PS3/PC game?), or if these silent parts were never voiced to begin with, or some fault I could (should) correct in my setup or sth., or some error with the patch ?

It is not to do with autoplay-voice settings, as it is the same when I do not use auto-read, and I have autoread always at x1.

my ingame settings :

http://i.imgur.com/ibjKIop.jpg

So, is it sth. I can fix ? How so ? Or that's just the way it is ?

----------------------------

Is there a table of PC controls available somewhere ? Me googling wasn't any success. Are there any ? Like I tried F1 to F12, 1-0 ... nothing happens.

Combine that with : Is there an in-game way of assigning game controls to gamepad ? (no 3rd party software)

Controlling by (wireless) gamepad to me is much more relaxed than by mouse or keyboard ...

btw. here is a "manual" page for the ps3 game controls : Eiyuu Senki - The World Conquest

Maybe there is sth. in the - still in Japanese - menu ?

I did not dare click any of those entries, do not want to mess up the game not knowing what I 'm doing.

http://i.imgur.com/HuoXxS1.jpg

------------------------

Anyways, some gameplay questions :

• How can I declare war on someone ? Must I wait for a mission popping up that declares war on this or that nation ? So, no choice in this?
  • Is a war against a nation always all-out? Or would it be possible to, say, declare war against Britain, conquer Hong Kong, and then come to some truce or even peace agreement with the Remaining British Empire?
  • That gamefaq manual mentions "difficulty bonus items" for attacking stronger nations first - is that maybe a ps3 exclusive feature?
  • Is war / battle the only way to incorporate nations / independant cities ? Or will there be diplomatic/ peaceful possibilities later on?
  • Is there a way I can see my heroines's passive skills in-game?

As a (j)RPG/turnbased S(RP)G newbie, I chose to go with "normal difficulty". However, unifying Zipang was not challenging at all. My heroes/ines did it with practically no scratch whatsoever.

• Will difficulty pick up? sooner ? or later ?
  • Should I switch to "difficulty : hard" ? I mean, I do not want endless orgies of micromanaging, but I do want some challenge.
  • Is there a way to change the difficulty level midgame ? Or would one have to start all over again?

Thank you.

Edited by Göffel
forgot one more question :|