ikinari anata koishiteru (ikikoi) | spoilerless review

> - ikinari anata koishiteru (ikikoi) | spoilerless review -

I3pwuu1.jpg

Title: Ikinari Anata ni Koishiteiru | いきなりあなたに恋している

Aliases: Ikikoi, いき恋, Suddenly i'm falling in love with you

vndb link: https://vndb.org/v5240

Length: 10-30 hours

vndb description:

High-spirited Tane, bitter smiling Eika, cold gazing Ryou and new resident Tsumugu. How did Chouji’s normal life suddenly become like the Palace of Versailles? The story is constructed like a slice-of-life light novel, albeit with lots of ichaicha since there’s four heroines who are already at max affection with him.

my personal description:

a fun, comedic and lighthearted school life vn that has both bizarre and kawaii as F character personalities and designs.

this vn is for you if:

1) you like vn's that have modern cg, interface, character designs, sounds, personalities.

2) you love funny, lighthearted, school life, random logic vn

3) you love moe as f girls

4) you are tired of serious vn's

5) you are tired of vn's that has almost non-existent character developments and lots of h-scene

6) you love beautiful h-scene

this vn is not for you if:

1) you wan't to play a vn with serious and deep plot

2) you're tired of moe blob girls

3) you wan't a serious feel vn

4) you wan't violent h-scenes..

Personal experience with this vn:

after completing all routes in this vn. i can say that this vn can entertain you by its comedy, randomness and

HQ H-SCENE. despite the cutesy designs (music, character design and etc), this is actually much oriented for males.

the weak point of this vn is, the lack of edge over the other vn's similar to this one (moe types) this vn's

lasting impression is similar to other vn's of its kind

but i personally like this one for its character design and character dialogues and personalities.

despite the plot being shallow, it gives you funny as F scenes.. which is a good balance.

graphics:

this 1st release of this game in japan is 2011, and the graphics quality is perfect for the mood and feel

the game is trying to accomplish. plus my bias on this types of character designs ~(*0*)~

Music:

Music... the music.. hmmm... the music blends so well that i didn't give too much attention to it.

this might be what you call... average. the music isn't disturbing and it's not amazing too,

it just fit there perfectly but nothing that left an impression, its just me though...

all i can say is... its not bad and it's not amazing.

Voice acting:

ooh boy.. the voice acting quality will still be awesome even on 2050..

let that sink for a moment...

Story:

the story is actually comedy oriented, so expect it to be kinda shallow but extremely fun to read.

character development exists, they are not that deep but you will still be attached to them because of the comedic experiences and interactions with them.

Game issues:

there's actually 1 segment that the game will display the text 1 line advance(or was it delay) making it not sync with the voice acting, but this issue was resolved by downloading a patch. i'm not sure if the problem was in the translation or the game itself.

overall:

overall, after finishing the vn, thinking back everything that happened and i experience with this vn..

i had fun and the characters will probably leave me a lasting impression for a long time..

i gave this vn a 7 on vndb.. because it's a good vn. it was supposed to be 7.5, but because

i'm a bastard. i gave it a 7 flat. this vn is a good stress reliever and a must play.

cheers!

Edited by charlbeef
  • 9 months later...

lmao, i re-red this review, and it feels like someone else is talking hahaha...

i could even disagree with some of the things i wrote in this review. lol.

so this was how i felt that time when writing this immediately after finishing the vn.

first impressions really are different.

i also forgot this review existed. lul

Edited by charlbeef
lmao, i re-red this review, and it feels like someone else is talking hahaha...

i could even disagree with some of the things i wrote in this review. lol.

so this was how i felt that time when writing this immediately after finishing the vn.

first impressions really are different.

i also forgot this review existed. lul

I found it through google when I was looking for IkiKoi CGs ... It linked me to this review, I didn't even know you wrote one :D ...

Anyway, what do you think of IkiKoi now? :) Since you say you have a different opinion of it? :D

I found it through google when I was looking for IkiKoi CGs ... It linked me to this review, I didn't even know you wrote one :D ...

Anyway, what do you think of IkiKoi now? :) Since you say you have a different opinion of it? :D

yeah, i cant recall the finer details but my general impression of it now, after reading alot more vn's since i red this is,

that this one is really a gem, i rarely lul at a vn irl and never saved a game even after reading it. this was an exception.

i still think the cg's was one of the best i've seen. for me atleast.. i like the artstyle of this artist. it feels like subihibi cg on steroids.

really improved, considering subahibi and this vn only had 1year + couple of months difference. it feels like the quality imrpoved 5years worth. iirc one artist name kept popping on

almost all fields in the credit rolls... from bg, character design and other art related areas. he even appeared on the

song script fps lol. so maybe he was only assigned to 1 area this time and that helped him beef up the quality.

i dont remember for sure though, if he was only assigned to 1 area in this vn.

too bad we only have a couple of vns from this artist translated. oh and that supreme candy in spanish. you should read that too, kai is reading it. *im stereotyping everyone in your continent can read spanish* :D

Edited by charlbeef

yeah, i cant recall the finer details but my general impression of it now, after reading alot more vn's since i red this is,

that this one is really a gem, i rarely lul at a vn irl and never saved a game even after reading it. this was an exception.

i still think the cg's was one of the best i've seen. for me atleast.. i like the artstyle of this artist. it feels like subihibi cg on steroids.

really improved, considering subahibi and this vn only had 1year + couple of months difference. it feels like the quality imrpoved 5years worth. iirc one artist name kept popping on

almost all fields in the credit rolls... from bg, character design and other art related areas. he even appeared on the

song script fps lol. so maybe he was only assigned to 1 area this time and that helped him beef up the quality.

i dont remember for sure though, if he was only assigned to 1 area in this vn.

too bad we only have a couple of vns from this artist translated. oh and that supreme candy in spanish. you should read that too, kai is reading it. *im stereotyping everyone in your continent can read spanish* :D

Well, there are people who learn European languages here, like French, German, Portugese... and yeah, Spanish as well :D ...But I don't speak any of those so if it's not English I can't read it xD ...

Anyway, I think SubaHibi and IkiKoi shared karory as an artist for both projects and you can notice by the character designs and other art that they are very similiar in art :D Though... H-scenes from IkiKoi were way better than in SubaHibi, in my humble opinion :) ...

Anyway, I think SubaHibi and IkiKoi shared karory as an artist for both projects and you can notice by the character designs and other art that they are very similiar in art :D Though... H-scenes from IkiKoi were way better than in SubaHibi, in my humble opinion :) ...

i think even the sprite is way better too, there are some sprites on subahibi that look kinda off when they do that side view angle on kimiko and ayana

i think even the sprite is way better too, there are some sprites on subahibi that look kinda off when they do that side view angle on kimiko and ayana

Indeed, but be also aware that SubaHibi has more characters and sprites than IkiKoi :) ... I didn't find anything wrong with the sprites from SubaHibi but I wish the VN had more CGs xD ... I think IkiKoi that's a shorter VN than SubaHibi has the same or more number of CGs than SubaHibi, LOL! :D Though it could be just my subjective feeling at the moment, maybe I am wrong about it xD

looking back on this vn. the ones that left impression is the h-scene xD

really feels like nikuge, because of the quality h

Nukige is actually a term used to refer to visual novels that are all about sex. Their plot (if any exists in the first place) serves only to reinforce the setting for the H-scenes and that's basically what nukiges are all about. The quality of H-scenes is not important for a VN to be labeled a nukige (bunch of those shitty G-Collection have shity H-scenes but we still call them nukiges).

then why would you say this...

I would say it would be better if we just ignore stkrge there, because I'm sure that we gonna found many inconsistency in regard of his posts here.

Anyway, back then I didn't thought that Ikikoi was interesting there. But right now perhaps it could be interesting seeing that SCA-DI was also write this (Common route only though), and especially in regard of one scene from Subahibi in which describe about the usual life on MC's house - live together with maid, childhood friend, and little sister.