Thats it, when i try to unzip the 2 parts of rance 2 i got this and can't play. Anyone knows what is happening?

0e372a375c155c3688a1153d1d9cfcae.jpg

Edit: It isn't in English sorry, basically its saying that the directory or file name is not correct.

Thats it, when i try to unzip the 2 parts of rance 2 i got this and can't play. Anyone knows what is happening?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12854[/ATTACH]

Edit: It isn't in English sorry, basically its saying that the directory or file name is not correct.

it might be various causes.. but it's highly likely that the rar is corrupt..

try the following:

1) redownload part 1 and 2

2) put them into a directory you have ownership of.

3) also make sure the directory name is using english letters

4) extract using latest version of stable winrar

it might be various causes.. but it's highly likely that the rar is corrupt..

try the following:

1) redownload part 1 and 2

2) put them into a directory you have ownership of.

3) also make sure the directory name is using english letters

4) extract using latest version of stable winrar

Done, still the same error.

If I am not mistaken, this Rance is the one I also had trouble loading off the Ivan's version on here ... Jax, check the directory where you extracted the files of Rance and see if there is a strangely named file in there ... something with ? character perhaps or _ this character ... Apparently, it got packed badly by Ivan and I had to grab the game elsewhere because of those badly named files (during packing there was that shit with unicode encoding and so on) ... The possible fix would be to rename that file that was badly named after extraction. I can look it up, but first check if I am right Jax.

Edit 1:

http://i.imgur.com/w7oy6mA.jpg

check and rename all your files according to this screenshot. And then launch the game.

Edit 2:

Sorry, it seems I was right, this was indeed the Rance game I also had trouble with ... Yeah, you can't even extract it due to those "_" characters in the name ... try using 7-zip instead, that one should leave the files where you extracted them even if there's an error message.

Edited by TakiMinase
If I am not mistaken, this Rance is the one I also had trouble loading off the Ivan's version on here ... Jax, check the directory where you extracted the files of Rance and see if there is a strangely named file in there ... something with ? character perhaps or _ this character ... Apparently, it got packed badly by Ivan and I had to grab the game elsewhere because of those badly named files (during packing there was that shit with unicode encoding and so on) ... The possible fix would be to rename that file that was badly named after extraction. I can look it up, but first check if I am right Jax.

Edit 1:

http://i.imgur.com/w7oy6mA.jpg

check and rename all your files according to this screenshot. And then launch the game.

Edit 2:

Sorry, it seems I was right, this was indeed the Rance game I also had trouble with ... Yeah, you can't even extract it due to those "_" characters in the name ... try using 7-zip instead, that one should leave the files where you extracted them even if there's an error message.

That worked thank you, but now i got this:

2f53b6798a297428b95e0c5419110646.png97a8caa4fbdbaeafde1859cdde1db1af.png

Is the same problem that is resolved on the download page comment box but it seems like my PC is lacking some fonts or something.

Edit: Okay, i have activated some Japanese fonts that sems to be disabled by default in W10 and modify a line in AliceStart.ini and I can somehow play now, still there are some characters that my PC its unable to understand.

Edit2: Im stupid, i tried to open the ini with word 2016 and now I can saw it with japanese characters, still, in the game are unreadable (the translated part is ok, just the japanese is what didnt work), however seems like i can play right now, thanks to everyone.

Edit3: .... Numbers of Exp and Gold shows like other characters, like P, Q or @, thats the 3 I saw till now.

Edited by Jax
That worked thank you, but now i got this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12855[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12856[/ATTACH]

Is the same problem that is resolved on the download page comment box but it seems like my PC is lacking some fonts or something.

Edit: Okay, i have activated some Japanese fonts that sems to be disabled by default in W10 and modify a line in AliceStart.ini and I can somehow play now, still there are some characters that my PC its unable to understand.

Edit2: Im stupid, i tried to open the ini with word 2016 and now I can saw it with japanese characters, still, in the game are unreadable (the translated part is ok, just the japanese is what didnt work), however seems like i can play right now, thanks to everyone.

Edit3: .... Numbers of Exp and Gold shows like other characters, like P, Q or @, thats the 3 I saw till now.

Okay, we are getting closer to fixing it fully :D ... I am using Windows 7 so I can't help you with Win 10 problems, I know many people have trouble running VNs on Win10, especially older ones and Rance 2 remake is old by today's standards. Though I believe that problem with characters is actually fixable, but I dunno how to help you with that since I can't test it on my machine as I am not on Win 10 ... Japanese fonts and locale should be the only fix needed but since it's Win10 we are talking about, I am not exactly sure how to fix it. Did you rename the files to be exactly like in my screenshot? With 7-zip you should have gotten only the wrongly named ones with "__" character in the names. If all else fails, I am willing to share another link for Rance 2 remake but I dunno if it would help your cause, Win 10 is a bitch for running visual novels.

Okay, we are getting closer to fixing it fully :D ... I am using Windows 7 so I can't help you with Win 10 problems, I know many people have trouble running VNs on Win10, especially older ones and Rance 2 remake is old by today's standards. Though I believe that problem with characters is actually fixable, but I dunno how to help you with that since I can't test it on my machine as I am not on Win 10 ... Japanese fonts and locale should be the only fix needed but since it's Win10 we are talking about, I am not exactly sure how to fix it. Did you rename the files to be exactly like in my screenshot? With 7-zip you should have gotten only the wrongly named ones with "__" character in the names. If all else fails, I am willing to share another link for Rance 2 remake but I dunno if it would help your cause, Win 10 is a bitch for running visual novels.

Yes, I did, I found this on the SaveGame folder inside the game folder by the way, maybe it has something to say xD

42f636d433577df1402b7cd1b3fd11bc.png

Yes, I did, I found this on the SaveGame folder inside the game folder by the way, maybe it has something to say xD

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12857[/ATTACH]

Yeah, that should be a problem indeed, I don't remember my Rance 2 giving such names in Savegame directory when I played it, though I could be wrong, I am not sure. Are you sure you are in Japanese locale? Btw, why is your Rance 2 folder so nested? Rance 2/Rance 2/Rance 2/Rance 2 and then finally the game itself XD Try moving it to your C:\Rance 2 or D:\Rance 2

Yeah, that should be a problem indeed, I don't remember my Rance 2 giving such names in Savegame directory when I played it, though I could be wrong, I am not sure. Are you sure you are in Japanese locale? Btw, why is your Rance 2 folder so nested? Rance 2/Rance 2/Rance 2/Rance 2 and then finally the game itself XD Try moving it to your C:\Rance 2 or D:\Rance 2

Then I need to look for the right names of these files. About the nested folder was because I create a folder called Rance2 and then unzip it inside this folder.

Im not sure what do you mean with Japanese locale, maybe this is the problem.