D.S. - Dal Segno - a little rant [minor spoilers!]

At the beginning I was asked to name the protagonist so I went along with it. Yaay, I tought - hooray for a nameable protagonist! Little did I know, because 'screw you' the game answered and called me by the default name every single time. Oh well, I guess it's probably a problem with the translation, but then again why even bother and ask me about it?

Anyway, when I finally started this game, I was quickly hooked. The intro was quit interesting, Ame - your friendly, but probably going all skynet one day, AI - was nice to me and the island seemed to be fascinating at first. They even gave me a new Suginami named Yamato. While I cared little about the wannabe-sister cousin and the student president, the daughter of darkness a.k.a. Io was very unique and Himari was funny and smart. I liked Lady Asamiya best, so I started with her, but after the pageant the story was boring as hell until she broke up with me for some bullshit reason I didn’t know and didn’t care about. Whatever, if you break up with me then go fuck yourself. So I quit her route at once and tried the route of the daughter of darkness, but after the pageant it was boring as hell again until she broke up with me for some bullshit reason I didn’t know and didn’t care about. Et tu, Brute? All right, if you break up with me... well, go figure.

I nearly dropped the game at this point but came back later to finish at least what I started. So I stayed for the conclusion of both routes. And the reason for breaking up with me in both cases was indeed one of the biggest piece of mystical bullshit I ever smelled in a VN. Afterwards, if the game would have asked me if I want to take those girls back and start over, I would have chosen "Are you kidding me? No f'n way!" and walked away - but of course it doesn't, so they continued their love affair and lived happily ever after... I guess.

Also the protagonist in this VN is just one awful bore and a pushover. This dork is your typical "nice guy" clean sheet as bad as they come with no hobbies or self-esteem who does everything whatever someone wants from him by the books. I understand that not every MC can be an awesome badass like Kazami Yuuji or Naoe Yamato, but a little bit of personality wouldn't hurt either.

Edited by Akkarin

Thanks for this review, you saved me a lot of times.

I also am like you and like Io and Lady Asamiyat the best, but unlike you i usually like to keep the best for the end, so i started with the route that seemed the less interesting for me, so i started with the president.

I thought her route was decent until the pageant, but then shit started... I thought about continuing to see if thing would become better but after reading your review, i really am not hopeful anymore and i will just quit this VN.