Eien no Aselia Questions

Eien no Aselia looks very tempting to me with it's > 50 hours gameplay, but I want some info before diving in.

1) Does this VN have comedy?(Is it a serious and dark?)

2) Is this a one-route game or do I have to replay many times? ( Does the replay offer a completely different ending? )

3) Is the combat exciting or "grindy"?

4) Why is the US PC version "All ages and +12", when the Japanese PC version is +18. :confused:(Japanese PS2 version is +12??)

4.5) DOES THIS MEAN THAT THERE ARE NO LOLI SEX SCENES? :eek:

5) How is the music in terms of quality?

I haven't played this so I can't answer all the questions but for

4. I'm not sure what the exact reasoning was, but the English patch will only work with the ages 12+.. which means no hentai content (boo). The Original 2003 P.C version is 18+ which includes erotic scene while psp port to p.c version is supported by the translation english patch The patch won't work with the 18+ Japanese version. I believe there is an uncensor patch for this game on the erogedownloads page but it doesn't show the hentai scenes, it will uncensor other things.

1. It doesn't have a significant amount of comedy (only in the beginning does any exist), which isn't surprising because this game is a life or death tale of "people in a strange world" being forced to kill in order to survive/protect their loved ones. After the protagonist gets sent to the other world, all of the content is dramatic and dark. However, to prevent the game from being completely solemn, downtime between battles is played out through fun and relaxing conversations between your character and teammates. : )

2. There are multiple routes, all of which are unlockable in the first playthrough. While a replay doesn't grant access to new or different endings, it gives you more story content and a new beginning (which explain some of the antagonist's motives and tells events from his perspective).

3. It's impossible to grind in this game, as there is a fixed amount of battles in each playthrough. You can check videos on Youtube for gameplay.

4. The official English translation is the All Ages version, but there is a Japanese 18+ version with adult scenes that wasn't translated.

Yes, there aren't any loli sex scenes in the English verison.

5. Great, but that's my opinion.

2. There are multiple routes, all of which are unlockable in the first playthrough. While a replay doesn't grant access to new or different endings, it gives you more story content and a new beginning (which explain some of the antagonist's motives and tells events from his perspective).

nope

Two endings are only accessible on a New Game+. Tokimi and Kyouko's routes require an event that only occurs there, so.

Replays vary by route with 1~2 different missions for each heroine and some considerably different scenes after ~halfway through the game. The heroine whose route you're on also gets a massive powerup in the final couple of chapters (one heroine doesn't fight, and another already has that powerup, so you get a character unique to their routes instead). It's probably worth it to play through at least twice.

The battle system was actually probably my favorite part of the game. It's a strategy RPG, with characters that can level up and grow stronger. However, each unit on the map, rather than being a single character, consists of three characters taking different roles - one attacker, one defender, and one supporter. The attacker and defender have obvious roles (if the defender is defeated, any further attacks on the unit will automatically be critical hits), while support can range from devastating magic attacks to healing magic or buffs/debuffs. You can switch characters in the unit between these positions for each battle as necessary; if somebody is close to death, you could switch your defender to support to heal the party, while the attacker defends and the supporter goes into melee. Every unit has up to three separate things they can do in each position. It's a surprisingly fun and interesting system.

As for the music, I honestly don't remember any of it. Which pretty much means there was nothing particularly good, but nothing awful either.

nope

Two endings are only accessible on a New Game+. Tokimi and Kyouko's routes require an event that only occurs there, so.

Oh? My mistake, then; I had had it in my mind they were unlockable from the start. Thanks for clearing that up.