Snow Drop - black screen and nothing (solution)

I know that some people (including me) have problem with this game. Namely every time they try to run it they get a black screen and the game freezes (no error message or anything). Using compability mode don't work.

So what is the solution?

I had this kind of problems with other (older) games so I know what to do and it's simple.

Just delete all .AVI files in game folder (Brand.avi and Opening.avi) or put them somewhere else. You can aslo try some tricks with codecs but it's not worth it.

The game have problem with running them, so it freezes. I know this shouldn't happen but we all know that there is nothing impossible.

After doing so the game will throw you an error every time you run it as there is attempt to run inexisting file but after closing it the game will run (just do several enters first time you run it).

Other problems that I've experienced is closing the game after changing from full screen to window mode, but when you rerun the game should work in window just as you wanted.

Tested on:

CPU: Intel Dual core, GPU: Asus EAH3850 (based on ATI chipset), Microsoft Windows XP Home SP3 (PL), Japanese fonts installed but not used atm (running without AppLocate).