Hi all!

I can't seem to find any info, screenshots or really anything regarding an old game that I played many years ago.

It was already old back then, so probably released around 1995-2000 I guess?

The gameplay was basically a simplified Magic The Gathering collectable cards game. It had a female protagonist who could move around set points on a map, buy or acquire cards to build a deck, and "fight" opponents -- resulting in very tame and forgettable CG, but the main point for me was the great gameplay.

It was in Japanese only, and I think the protagonist's name translated as "Whipped Cream". There was also a talking cat and obviously a fantasy setting.

There was even an expansion which added new cards to the game.

I've been browsing countless games here and on other sites, and nowhere I find even the slightest hint. It's like this game was cancelled from everyone's memory but mine.

If anyone has any info, or could advise where I could go looking next, that would be great!

Edited by mockery
Added solved tag

Aha! I suddenly remembered, it was called "ZAP! The Magic".

Whipped Cream might have been the name of the talking cat, and there was another male character called "Chiffon".

It seems it was released as freeware ages ago, but the website and mirrors are all gone, so the game is lost to me.

Too bad, because if I recall correctly all text was in simple RLE compressed files and easy to access for translation.

Edited by mockery