Shikokku no Sharnoth Text Overlap

Hail Oh Wise Ones, rulers of all you survey and keepers of eroge tech lore...

This humble supplicant begs assistance in dealing with a problem...

Err...specifically, I'm about to pitch my computer out the window dealing with this. Please help me.

I downloaded Shikokku no Sharnoth, really want to read it. I followed the instructions I found and did the following.

1. Japanese language settings active/unicodes set to Japanese. Restarted computer.

2. Extracted files

3. Patched files

But when I try to open the game, I get a blank screen with no picture or sound, just the buttons for new game, load game, etc. If I click on New Game, I get a completely blank screen and the text overlaps. Could you please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Wasn't able to find anything specific but well...

Never mind I figured it out and fixed it.

For those with Windows 7 with the same problem, here is the solution:

First change the language for non-unicode programs to Japanese, restart computer, unzip game, install game, install english patch I play! Simple enough ^^”

As [user] said…it migth be a video/audio codec problem…uninstall any you might have and then install CCCP(Combined Comunity Code Pack)…i use it and no problem here…apart of the “RScript stopped working” posted below…

Hmm...thanks, I don't have Windows 7 and already followed the first instructions, I'll try the second though.

Edit: Downloaded the codec pack, installed it, and restarted the computer. It still doesn't work; anything else I can try?

Edited by Paladin

I tested the game from the main site. The game runs fine with and without the english patch, the only error I got was - RScript has stopped working , module: vorbis.acm_unloaded when exiting the game. Desi tested it as well and got the same error. It's not the codec pack problem, I use CCCP and he uses K-lite and we got the same error. Patching the game with the official patch didn't fix it either. We used the RC2 patch from the Amaterasu site. I'm running Win7.

Edit: Tested Sekien no Inganock as well. Getting the exact same error when exiting. It doesn't seem to have any impact of the gameplay.

Edited by killerinsidee

Thank you all very much, I did eventually figure out what the problem was. I hadn't properly mounted the file so the game wasn't installing properly. I got it figured out and now it works just fine.