You mean Katawa Shoujo, I think.

Western VNs have been commonplace for a while now, but Western EROGE, that is rather different indeed. KS is the only really good one (massive IMO here), and the only one that has gotten a lot of attention. There are a couple others that are interesting or enjoyable. (There is one in particular that is a F/SN fanfiction that has great art called Happy Valentines Day. Very nice read.)

But like most early Western VNs (and more recent ones than I would like)... the rest are meh or bad.

Hopefully both sides of Western VN development step up their a-game. I'd love to see more at least good ones come out and less bad or passable ones.

I want a fully western one though. Katawa Shoujo has Japanese undertones to it. I hope you get what I mean.

A visual novel without a japanese undertone? That's blasphemy! I mean they are using japanese anime character after all...oh well, that's just my opinion but I don't want to see western producers who totally rape the meaning of visual novels.

But like most early Western VNs (and more recent ones than I would like)... the rest are meh or bad.

There are some interesting ones but most of them, like you said, are meh. But hey, what did you expect? Those visual novels were made with a low amount of money, of course they usually suck.*

*And with this I mean in comparison with japanese visual novels.

I want to see a Western VN that keeps the ideas of a visual novel but a Western setting, characters, and art too.

One that is actually rather GOOD and longer than Knife of the Traitor (which was pretty nice, if I say so).

If there can be a good Japanese VN with an American setting and characters, by by jove there can be a good Western one! (Hotel Dusk is what I am referring to, by the way, developed by a Japanese company and all that)

I don't think the issue of quality is low money, after all if that is the case than only the art would suck if the person can't buy any (and, if they can't learn programming, the game would be utterly simple). I think the issue is people not thinking they will do well anyway so they don't end up pushing themselves to go for a higher quality. And then the writing itself is bad-poor. Combined with young starters who don't know what they are doing, you get awful games.

If 07th Expansion can make Higurashi a franchise with HIS art all by himself, I am certain that some Western devs can. I hope...