Sekian no Inganock error

I successfully installed the game and installed the patch. However after the opening plays, it comes up saying RScript stopped working, which is referring to the exe file of course.

Been trying a few things, but nothing works. So any ideas? Or anyone knows how to solve this?

Edited by Twilight_Omega
I'm not sure but if there's a opening movie file then just delete it. Oh and I personally had always rscript error when closing the game.

Tried what you suggested, excpet I just moved it to another folder, but it didn't work... still got the error.

And I still can't figure out anything myself.

Some random comments but they may help you.

For everyone with Rscript error, RScript.exe is the .exe for Sekien no Inganock, and excluding it from the DEP file list, will fix the problem. It’ll still crash when you close, but it’ll actually play at least.

For those of us running this on windows 7, and having problems with the english patch, try right clicking on it and click ‘run as administrator’ otherwise you’ll get the error that oricalco did about it not being able to open it to write the files. It is kinda like a fail-safe for windows so no progams can alter files without you knowing and if you don’t have the admin rights to do that, then you’ll have to add them to your account.
I successfully installed the game and installed the patch. However after the opening plays, it comes up saying RScript stopped working, which is referring to the exe file of course.

Been trying a few things, but nothing works. So any ideas? Or anyone knows how to solve this?

What exactly does RScript error say ? When you get the error, open up the details and copy what's written there (under module).

If the movie plays normally and then the game crashes, try running the original (untranslated) game - Uninstall the game, delete all the leftover folders and install it again. Run it in Japanese and see if the game will still crash like that. If it plays fine, then the problem is in the patch - in that case install the game somewhere outside Program Files (try installing it to "C:\Games\..." because there is a possibility that your Windows permissions block some files to be copied from the patch installer and the game crashes due to lack of said files.

And ye, as OMA said - it's normal to get the error when closing the game.

Let me know if it worked out or if I'm totally wrong. Also try to isolate the problem, so it's easier to figure out what's wrong.

Edited by killerinsidee